KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

A lovely collection of new kits there Jan. I can see quite a few being added to my stash. Chipmunks, plenty of Spitfire VC's and a Kingfisher for a start. Im sure the RAAF operated a Cessna tail dragger however not sure if this 180/185 can be made into one of those. 

The F.D 2 looks quite interesting as well! 

Great selection and I hope they all do very well for you. 

Cheers.. Dave

I think, that this year collection is interesting for almost all modelers. With the exception of John Thompson and his Yak 9... :-)

We will do all to reach the target. Maybe we will release also something more, we are for instance very close to Fairey Fulmar, but....

And more and more talking abou Chipmunk in 1/48. I will tell you more in the summer.

Fairey FD-2 will be again subject of preorder action for Telford, we will start with I think in October. Still it is not decided if there will be special decal as with MB.5 or discount price, we will see.

I am lobbing hard for MB.3, for which we lost the slot it seems.

Happy modelling to all!

• Like 6

That's an Awesome list for 2017, Jan!

I just looked at the  list of upcoming kits for this year and it's safe to say you'll be seeing some of my money.

The SIAI SF-260 in 1/72 is fantastic to see.

It's also good to see the M-1 Sokol and L-200 Morava come back. Have there been any changes to the Morava kit or is it still as it was on the original release?

How much of what's on that list will be ready and available for Modellbrno in June?

upnorth - thank you for your words.

Modellbrno in June - hard to say, just looking into production schedule and status - so, Avia BH-11 and Chipmunk are ready now, decals printed, Praga E-114 (Hillson-Praga) is in process of milling, SIAI is ready in 3D, Lavochkin is already also milled. All these + maybe more will be available for the show. I am not talking about 1/48 scale, where all necessary parts are prepared to be moulded. I think Su-7U and Su-25UBK/UTG are real for the show. Let us see. It depends also on cash flow.

M-1 Sokol - includes new parts, plastic and injected canopy, L-200 has also changed resin parts into plastic.

Is it big enough as the answer?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

upnorth - thank you for your words.

Modellbrno in June - hard to say, just looking into production schedule and status - so, Avia BH-11 and Chipmunk are ready now, decals printed, Praga E-114 (Hillson-Praga) is in process of milling, SIAI is ready in 3D, Lavochkin is already also milled. All these + maybe more will be available for the show. I am not talking about 1/48 scale, where all necessary parts are prepared to be moulded. I think Su-7U and Su-25UBK/UTG are real for the show. Let us see. It depends also on cash flow.

M-1 Sokol - includes new parts, plastic and injected canopy, L-200 has also changed resin parts into plastic.

Is it big enough as the answer?

Thanks, Jan, that's more than enough :-)

Just a little question about the L-200, will there be some sort of represntation of the square panel on the pilot's side of the front cabin glass? It's a quite visible feature that wasn't in the details of the original releases.

upnorth - unfortunately not, clear parts are without change. But (if I will not forget :-) ) it will be included in the decals. Remind me time to time :-)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

upnorth - unfortunately not, clear parts are without change. But (if I will not forget :-) ) it will be included in the decals. Remind me time to time :-)

OK, sounds good. A decal or bit of vinyl masking would be quite good for that detail.

I'll remind you of it time to time, along with reminding you about the 1/72 Z-37 Chmelak kits. :-)

• Like 1

For the previously not announced kits my highlight goes to both Cessnas (the Pavla Bobcat was a great kit), the SIAi and the Robinson. I hope the Piper L-21 will be better than the L-18, in my opinion a step back from the excellent L-4/J-3 kits. 

A decent injection kit to current standards in 72nd of the FD2 would be most welcome.  The old Frog one isn't bad but decent mouldings are hard to find these days - the Maquette ones are vile.

I'd still like AZ to look at some of the more neglected RAF types - a De Havilland Don or Hawker Henley in particular would be fab.

Be still my beating heart!  A UC-78 a.k.a. Cessna Bobcat!  And the P-36!  One question though, same as Navy Bird, but in relation to the Bobcat.  Is it the old Pavla kit?  Please say no.  It had really soft plastic and I can't remember if I ever finished it or not.

Later,

Dave

19 hours ago, Mikemx said:

Some good choices there, looking forward to the P-36, Mustang variant and Bf109G-12 in particular!

thanks

Mike

Good afternoon

Yes indeed very interesting choices P36/H75 , Spit Vc , Kingfisher for me at least  ..

Patrice

Gentlemen, thanks for the reactions. 

Unfortunately, I can not answer majority of your questions. For instance boxings or camouflage schemes included in the box. All in time please. For many kits we no idea about camouflages.

Today we have got parts for Bf 108B, Z-226A, MiG-23BN and some more kits, so the work is in the process.

I hope that guy who will change me will inform you properly and in time.

Cheers.

Jan

2 hours ago, Mikemx said:

Hi Patrice

I guess you'll be wanting the P-51B/C with the fin fillet as well!

thanks

Mike

Good afternoon Mike

Probably but I hope that this part will be included in the box and that I will not have to buy it separately like the wing pylons and drop tanks .. 

Best Regards

Patrice

No. You have to cut rear part of original P-51B in panel line and replace by the new rear part. New sprue contains rear part of fuselage and pylons with drop tanks.

• Like 3