KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Have they asked you to design a Potez 25 box yet?  :hmmm:

Not unless Academy made a Potez 25.  That box art is for the MPM (hobby shop/importer, NOT Special Hobby (formerly MPM the kit maker) imported reboxing of Academy's P-39.

MPM also imported and reboxed Academy's 1/72 P-47, 1/72 P-38, 1/35 Hetzer and something else which is escaping me at the moment.

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Have they asked you to design a Potez 25 box yet?  :hmmm:

Flipping heck. I had completely given up on anyone doing the Potez XXV, so even though I know they're an exercise in masochism, bought two s.....

sorry

...Hit Kits from Evilbay :undecided:.

Same month I found out my Dekno

Lockheed Delta's were soon to become worthless. 

The thing is, I'll be glad to put all Hit Kits and Dekno's out for sale for the price of a Mars Bar, as it will be wonderful to finally have good kits :).

I'm really looking forward to the Chipmunk too. I'm glad a Danish scheme is in there (having worked in Denmark I also agree about Danish beer Jan). That will be my choice.

I will put in an order for a few models soon. Try to optimise postage options to me here in 'Oz'. Birthday coming up ..:)

There were some queries about the AZ Klemm 35. I have one. It's a very nice kit, a quick build, not as 'fragile' looking plastic as the Huma. Lovely decal options.

I would very much like to see a Klemm 25, and don't know why any manufacturer (bar the late Mr. Dujin), has not yet had the foresight to do a set of sprues that could cover early and late marks of Klemm 25, and of eg British BA Swallow. They're still around and offer many fascinating marking schemes. British, German, many more nations covered. :hmmm: 

All best regards

TonyT

On 26/01/2017 at 4:51 PM, Jan Polc said:

Sgt. Squarehead - no, not until now.... :-)

Mebbe you could remind them?  :shrug:

Alernatively of course, you could just give them two-fingers and turn out a top quality 1/72 Potez 25 kit, then we could all get on with buying and building it, while you count our money.....Just a thought.  :wicked:

• Like 2

As you've got the Martin Baker MB5 in two boxings, and plans to do the MB3 have been hinted at, would you consider completing the line-up with an MB.2?  If you include the bits for the planned version with the retractable u/c, you'd get at least one extra boxing from it.

Looking forward to the Chipmunks and the Bf 108.

• Like 1

It looks like your M.B.5 was appreciated and sold well. How about making a kit of another one-off prototype, but one that´s preserved and in pristine condition in the Finnish Air Force Museum? This is the VL Pyörremyrsky. A completely independent design though there are possibilities to use existing spinner, prop, exhaust, air intake and oil cooler parts (and maybe even some more). Those are the parts that you often see done in resin when rest of the kit is a short run plastic kit. Not in this case... 

Kopio20tiedostosta20WP_20160728_027_zpsv

But as can be seen, this is not a Messerschmitt Bf 109- derivative. Maybe it looks more like a Macchi Mc.20x... :hmmm:

Kopio20tiedostosta20WP_20160728_034_zpsm

So I wouldn´t accept it if someone would want to build a resin or scratchbuilt one in the Bf 109 STGB II (generously sponsored by AZ Model / Kovozávody Prostêjov :thumbsup: ). Best regards, V-P

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

You think that's required here 😝?

I used to drive for a company in Nottingham running to Finland with whiskey and such and bringing back house kits. I know what all the Finns on the ferry were like. Steaming! Brought my mate a bottle of Black Death vodka that cost a fortune.

Never any trouble though, they got seriously drunk then started singing...every single trip that happened.

• Like 1

Oh no... Finns on the ferry :banghead:

...or Swedes on the ferry, or almost anybody on the ferry :rofl:

But seriously, that might give you "somewhat" false impression of us 😇. And now let's give Jan his topic back, thanks for borrowing it!

• Like 3

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Jan Polc said:

I will bring some to Telford. 

I am drinking what is locally available - names as Kozel, Radegast, Staropramen. But nice are beers from local small breweries. But I am sure it is not possible to buy in UK.

When I am going to Iceland shop (called internally Britmodeller in AZ), I am buying strong Danish beers White bear. I reccomend, but drink carefully.

I am going to Nuremberg Toy Fair in two weeks and I am looking forward to German (Bavarian exactly) dark beer.

And now it looks like I am alcoholic...... :-)

Is that 'Radegast The Brown' Jan?

I heard it goes down well with a pipe of Old Toby!

Regards

JIm