KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Hello,

I’ve not caught up with the thread yet; apologies if details are elsewhere:

I can’t find an English language version of the AZ or KP websites. Do they exist?

Quick kit question; will the Curtiss with Norwegian markings be ready for Telford?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a DH 9 next year :pray: 

Best regards

TonyT

Morning gentlemen,

Websites - yes, our new websites are in Czech only. Both sites are running now, but are still in beta mode, not complete yet and still filled with the new items. We did not decided yet if we will create

English version. Thanks to the limited capacity of our staff (not mental please... :-) ). Google translator is not good enough? I will be pleased by your opinions.

I was trying to answer some your questions about releases. Well, normal reaction is, that somebody else is asking for something else. :-) 

Spit Vc - is for sure the 2018 release, we want to see it not later than in Vienna in March. I hope.

Norwegian Hawks - we have all done. Boxarts, camouflages and instructions. Only decals are not printed. We decided to postpone this one box because of too much Hawks in one wave. It

will be released in January/February. 

Telford preorders - sorry for not confirming your e-mails, we are in time press a little bit. All e-mails will be answered during the next week. My fault, sorry.

And, we have got sprues for SR-53 and MB-6, looks good. Pictures later today.

OVER

Jan

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Spit Vc - is for sure the 2018 release, we want to see it not later than in Vienna in March. I hope.

Thanks Jan, that gives me time to save up for the large number I'll be buying.

• Like 1

Hi Jan,

long time ago there were some photos of your future Piper L-4 Grasshopper variations: Bazooka armed plane, hooked plane and a floatplane.

There were even photos of finished sprues with these new parts:

http://www.72news.eu/2016/05/kovozavody-prostejov-more-l-4-pipers-on.html

Since this was published almost one and a half year ago and there were no further news about it, could you please tell when could we expect to see these kits?

Also what about your proposed IAI Lavi and J-22 Orao?

Thanks.

Hi Jan,

As KP is a great sorce for new molds of WW2 Soviet fighters, as the La-5 family in 1/72 (great models, congratulations !), why don t you consider the MIG-3 and Lagg-3?.
These fighters were great in WW2 and are beautiful machines, aesthetically speaking...and the model market simply doesn t have any modern molds of this planes.

I can t understand why no company has pick up on these planes.

Regards,

JMendes

Edited by JMMendes
  • Like 2

To Mr. JMendes at first - we have some more soviet planes in the pipeline, unfortunately not Mig or LaGG - 3. Maybe there is a chance to downgrade our La-5 to Lagg, but if yes, it is very far future. Are you a friend of Lt. John Thompson? :-)

To all - plastic parts and boxarts of SR-53 can be seen in the link - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/saunders-roe-sr-53a-rocketeer-f-mk-i/

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

To Mr. JMendes at first - we have some more soviet planes in the pipeline, unfortunately not Mig or LaGG - 3. Maybe there is a chance to downgrade our La-5 to Lagg, but if yes, it is very far future. Are you a friend of Lt. John Thompson? :-)

Yes - we're both part of a cunning international plot. Our objective is to see AZ and KP release more Soviet aircraft kits. Anyway:

(1) La-5F - soon?

(2) "We have some more soviet planes in the pipeline" - fighters, I hope? I'm sorry if anyone has heard me say this once or twice before, but how about a new and accurate Yak-1b, or a Yak-9D/Yak-9T that's not a reissue of the Dakoplast one?

Cheers!

Lt John, ret.

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Yes - we're both part of a cunning international plot. Our objective is to see AZ and KP release more Soviet aircraft kits.

All three of us are part of a cunning international plot... :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Dear Marco, I do not know any datas for Piper with bazookas or floats, I do not see it in the list I have.

Orao is still in the status "project" and I do not know nothing about Lavi, even that we plan to do that plane.

Edited by Jan Polc

11 hours ago, John Thompson said:

... but how about a new and accurate Yak-1b, or a Yak-9D/Yak-9T that's not a reissue of the Dakoplast one?

Cheers!

Lt John, ret.

I support this request!

Early Yak-9D to late Yak-9P/T/U would be very welcome.

And I'm still hoping for that promised Erla built 109 versions.

Jan, do you think you will have the Bf-109s ready for GoModelling in Vienna next year?

Cheers

Roman

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Cheers,

Stew

We will make a world full of new WW2 soviet fighters 1/72 scale ! New molds for every fighter :wait:  !!

1/72 ww2 soviet fighters scale modelers, Unite  !

Cheers,

Edited by JMMendes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen - I have one wish. Do you have any references for the Mosquito camouflages? I am looking for early series with short engine gondolas. Please email me or PM me. Chat in Telford is also welcomed.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:59 PM, John Thompson said:

(1) La-5F - soon?

(2) "We have some more soviet planes in the pipeline" - fighters, I hope? I'm sorry if anyone has heard me say this once or twice before, but how about a new and accurate Yak-1b, or a Yak-9D/Yak-9T that's not a reissue of the Dakoplast one?

Any news, Jan? Thanks in advance!

John

On 30/10/2017 at 6:00 PM, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen - I have one wish. Do you have any references for the Mosquito camouflages? I am looking for early series with short engine gondolas. Please email me or PM me. Chat in Telford is also welcomed.

By far the most detailed source for this is Paul Lucas's work for Guideline "Combat Colours No.5: The DH Mosquito in RAF Photographic reconnaissance and Bomber service 1941-1945."  The following issue (No.6) deals with the fighters, but from memory there's not a lot (if anything) on the short nacelle/tailplane aircraft.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 23:46, Stew Dapple said:

Cheers,

Stew

Make that four. The International keeps growing!

Jason A/K/A Marshal Zhukov

• Like 1

Telford info - all preorders are ready to be packed, just come in and tell us what you have ordered in preorders.

We have got clear parts for MB-6 and SR-53A today, decals will come tommorow, so we will have Martin Baker MB-6 and SR-53 in limited quantity in Telford - do not miss it.

The latest news - Curtiss P-36A/C and Potez 540T, Mustang Mk. III "dorsal fin". We will also bring the complete range of MARABU etches and AVALON decals.

MB-6 and SR-53A - 

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, charlie_c67 said:

Hi Jan, I've still not heard back about a confirmation for my pre-order. Should I have had an e-mail by now?

Cheers

Hi Jan

I’m in the same situation.

Can you confirm you’ve had my order for the SR.53?

Regards

Tony 

2 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Hi Jan, I've still not heard back about a confirmation for my pre-order. Should I have had an e-mail by now?

Cheers

Same here. However, my pre-order was for mail shipment to the US, as I will not be in attendance at Telford.

Hi gentlemen,

I hope that everybody of you have their confirmation in the mail now.

If there is somebody who did not receive my confirmation, pls send me an e-mail ASAP to [email protected].

We are flying to UK Thursday evening...