KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Good morning Jan

Are you talking of a possible cooperation with Freightdog Line about a metal winged Hurricane Mk 1 in 1/72 ? that would be very interesting ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

On 26/09/2017 at 01:06, VMA131Marine said:

So am I right in thinking this the SR.53 was a possible alternative to the interceptor versions of the F-104? That would suggest that what-if markings could include ROCAF (Taiwan), JASDF, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Jordan, Pakistan, and Turkey.

No, for that you need a small man in a business suit with large cheques in his briefcase... ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Did these come with the blown canopy too? Any plans for this version?

Steve.

The CS.199?  That is the "blown" canopy, basically an Arado 96 canopy.  The Avia CS.99 (Bf109G-12) had the "unblown" canopy, but I believe all CS.199 had the Arado canopy.  It was the single-seat S.199 that had the "blown" canopy after the initial production run with the late-109 Erla Haube.

26 minutes ago, LanceB said:

The CS.199?  That is the "blown" canopy, basically an Arado 96 canopy.  The Avia CS.99 (Bf109G-12) had the "unblown" canopy, but I believe all CS.199 had the Arado canopy.  It was the single-seat S.199 that had the "blown" canopy after the initial production run with the late-109 Erla Haube.

I should know better than to rely on memory when I'm in the middle of night shifts, I was of course confusing the CS.199 with the Buchon C4K-112. Just ignore me, I'll probably get one of these too. :)

Steve.

Just to clear CS 199 - it was Czechoslovak variant of 109G-12, but not based on original airframes, all were built in Czechoslovakia. Some of them, in initial batch had German canopy as G-12. The rest (absolute majority) had canopy as our kit. It looks like Arado 96 canopy but, it was similar but another.

Blown canopy on single seater S-199 - little interesting info - this blown canopy is in the factory drawings of Messerschmitt (Erla), preserved in our Technical museum archives. It was originally planned for production Bf 109 K and late g variants but war ended earlier and series production met Czechoslovak Avias.

spaddad - I think we are on the right course...., to take all your money... :-)

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 2

Dear gentlemen, Telford show is coming. We are giving the last touches to our "Telford double" - kits prepared for the show.

Ve have contunued in "production" of Martin Baker MB-5 and we prepared twinseter MB-6. This project is pure what-if, aircraft never flew. But it was in the plans. We have prepared two boxes - Sky Ferret F. Mk. I day fighter and Night Ferret NF. Mk. I., both with three attractive camouflage schemes. Our thanks goes to Jacek "Jeremak" at Deviant Art for some inspiration.

The second project for this year is Saunders Roe SR-53A. This project is a result of cooperation with Colin from FREIGHTDOG and we hope it is not the last one.

Again, there are two boxings - Saunders Roe SR-53A prototypes and series production Sauders Roe Rocketeer F. Mk. I.

Our stand will be at Guidelines tables as the last year, We will bring you more new kits, among them for instance Curtiss P-36A and P-36C or Avia CS-199. If everything goes well, we can expect also Hillson Praga E 114.

Here are camouflages of Telford Specials...

night-ferret-1.jpg

sky-ferret-1.jpg

kamo-prototype-1.jpg

kamo-whif1-1.jpg

• Like 3

preoders.jpg

Dear gentlemen (and ladies of course),

we have prepared preorder special action for Telford as in the last year. What we have for you this year?

Every kit from our production (KP & AZ) preordered via e-mail - 10% discount from our price. Look at our websites and choose your desired kits. ( www.kovozavody.cz   www.azmodel.cz )

All Telford Specials (MB-6 Ferrets and SR-53A Rocketeer) - 10% discount (normal price 16GBP. on preorders 14GBP only plus spray mask for free (normal price 4GBP).

Please state if you will pick up kits in Telford or you want postal delivery.

All preorders please send to e-mail [email protected], subject of message - "Telford preorder" please. Please identify your kit by Cat. No. (not neccessary when ordering Telford specials).

This action can be used also by modelers who are not attending the show and want to send the kits via post. Do not forget include your contact. Postage is free when order is over 30GBP/EUR to Europe,

over 60GBP/EUR to USA, Canada, South America and over 80GBP/EUR to Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

All kits you want to be sent via post will be dispatched in the week following the show.

We will confirm your order in return with further information.

Our stand will be at GUIDELINES tables as the last year, visit us to talk about our hobby, future plans and your tips. You are welcomed.

• Like 1

I think that you've gone too far now.  Placing the SR.53 into service is totally unreal (we all know that), but fades to nothing compared with having a fighter transferred from 56 Squadron to 74 Squadron and retaining 56's red fin.   That'd be off before the brakes cooled.

And it is always 56 Sqn not 56th (which is only a slip in a single place, I know).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Graham, what-if is everyrime unreal.... I do not know if it is too far judging according the number of orders we have got in one hour only. But, I accept that everybody has its own personal taste and that maybe we did not meet yours now.

• 3 weeks later...

So.....

Hawk with Cyclone - it needs new fuselage. Later the next year.

Cessnas - very close.

DH-9 - later the next year

Kingfisher - very very close

Captured Friedrich - we are waiting for boxart. Rest is ready.

More personally in Telford.

• Like 4