KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

9 hours ago, Beard said:

I always think of bombers being more Christmasy than fighters, that's all.

Bigger pressies at crimbo & birfdaze maybe, thats usually the only time I'd get something as big as a Lanc or B-29 etc, the rest of the year it'd be 2 bob jobs with the occasional Boston or Mossie if you saved up for a couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

Tempest - Curtiss H-75 will be released in September, for the first time in sale on Pilsenkit show in Pilsen, 2nd September. In following two weeks it will reach distribution network I think...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

What we know today is that we can not reach Telford with Fairey FD-2 1/48 and this will be released early in 2018.

We are working on Mosquito 1/72 and one WWI plane now and also on the line of 1/48 Sukhoi 7 and 25.

The delay is a pity but as long as more 48th follows I'll be cool with it. Will you be taking pre-orders at Telford??

There's a Bristol 188 at Cosford as well.....

On 8/11/2017 at 4:43 PM, Jan Polc said:

On the workbench is MiG-23BN in 1/72nd scale, twoseater I expect early in 2018 as we had to make some changes in master model.

Based on RV kits I presume? Will you please fix the BN windscreen?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

This Lavochkin is 1/48 scale... In this scale we have only La-5FN...

Hi Jan - is this a completely new mold, or a reissue of the Zvezda/Eduard or of the Hobbycraft La-5FN? Thank you!

John

On 7/4/2017 at 11:31 AM, Jan Polc said:

TonyTiger - thank you for really exhausting reading, based on very good knowledge of the subject... :-) It is my fault that I did not write at the very start, that we will release another P-36 with different fuselage and single row engine....

Thanks to this my fault you had to write your soo long post. Sorry. :-)

Here are camouflage schemes for the first boxes to be released.

http://www.modelarovo.cz/curtiss-p-36h-75-172-az-model-prehled-kamuflazi/

Jan, these look great, and I hope P-36 debut today at "Pilsenkit" would be a big success .

Just one question: the profile of post-Pearl Harbor P-36 flown by pilot Harry Brown carries two victory markings (two Japanese flags).

I've seen the same profile over the years, but no photo of his P-36 with the two "kills".

Is there a solid photo reference on this detail?

And, when I saw the photos of the KP/AZ P-36 sprues I have regretted buying two old Heller/Smer/Mistercraft kits. they are just not worth the trouble anymore :smile:

Regarding Spit Vc, which markings are in the plans? How about one 352 (Yugoslav) Squadron airplane?

Edited by Relja

Pilsenkit was a great success for Hawk, we'd sold all boxes we had there. Starting Monday our production staff will be packing orders. This one for Mr. H. will be the first.

Also on Monday we will take the final decision in "Telford Item" and special action. There is one piston engined fighter plane prototype, one British jet and one twin engined aircraft. In fact all are British origin. I will inform you in time.

Spitfire Vc - it is not decided yet what camo will be designed. For sure RAAF, Czechs and Poles in RAF, Malta, MTO, RAF Aces..... We are collecting references now.

P-36 - I am not working on this project. But I will ask my colleague for the kill marks references and if it is not prohibited I will post it here.

Telford - our table will be at Guideline stand as the last year. We will bring variety of kits AZ/KP and also products of Stransky Kits, Avalon decals and etches by Marabu.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen.

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 3

All of this is good news Jan.

Curtiss = really good news and Let-200 as a KP release is also good; I missed it first time around.

I'm pleased to see the canopy masks for them too. 

Due to postage costs, I may hopefully enlist the help of a fellow Britmodeller, to pick me up at least a couple of Hawks and masks at Telford. If the boxing with the Norwegian one is out by then, I'll have that one too.

I feel a Hawk production line commencing in 2018.

I second @Dave Fleming 's suggestion for a BA Swallow; maybe a joint boxing with a Klemm 25? I just bought the old Huma Klemm 25; a lovely little kit - maybe the masters are around somewhere?

The BA Swallow derivative allows for nice engine variants; both offer many nationalities/markings.

I gave up and bought an old Blue Rider DH9 conversion for the Airfix DH4.

Any news on a 1/72 DH9?

Best regards 

TonyT

19 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Pilsenkit was a great success for Hawk, we'd sold all boxes we had there. Starting Monday our production staff will be packing orders. This one for Mr. H. will be the first.

Also on Monday we will take the final decision in "Telford Item" and special action. There is one piston engined fighter plane prototype, one British jet and one twin engined aircraft. In fact all are British origin. I will inform you in time.

Spitfire Vc - it is not decided yet what camo will be designed. For sure RAAF, Czechs and Poles in RAF, Malta, MTO, RAF Aces..... We are collecting references now.

P-36 - I am not working on this project. But I will ask my colleague for the kill marks references and if it is not prohibited I will post it here.

Telford - our table will be at Guideline stand as the last year. We will bring variety of kits AZ/KP and also products of Stransky Kits, Avalon decals and etches by Marabu.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen.

Thanks Jan! Glad to hear about the Hawk!

Have you considered a 1/72 Hurricane Mk. I with metal covered wings? I think that currently no one is producing it, there's a lot of Mk.IIs on the market...

Hurricane Mk. I is not in the pipeline. There is only one man who is lobbying for it in the company..., me. But I still hope that Petr will not survive my constant press on him... Stay tuned. :-)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Due to postage costs, I may hopefully enlist the help of a fellow Britmodeller, to pick me up at least a couple of Hawks and masks at Telford. If the boxing with the Norwegian one is out by then, I'll have that one too.

Best regards 

TonyT

Last year I got @Procopius some bits so this year it'll be nice to assist again. If you want stuff collecting and so on just let me know and I'll get on it. My club go to help a trader member so arrangements can be made.

It's really good to see a manufacturer who is kitting all these off-beat subjects. I hope there is more to come in 48th. About Spitfire schemes in the RAF. There were also pilots from India, Israel, France and so on. It would be nice to see the aircraft of these peoples as well.

I'm very glad the Hawk was well received. If you keep coming up with projects like that Petr will have to listen to you. I know a lot of 1/72 model-makers will be very happy.

Finally I've just got the Su-25UTG with the other on it's way. I'm very happy indeed with what you've done. Thank You.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Hurricane Mk. I is not in the pipeline. There is only one man who is lobbying for it in the company..., me. But I still hope that Petr will not survive my constant press on him... Stay tuned. :-)

Good luck Jan.

There must be a market for a MkI, even though there aren't any currently in production, because the Airfix and Hasegawa kits are going for silly money on eB*y.

While you're at it, could you lobby him for a MkII as well?

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

I'd buy a few.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Last year I got @Procopius some bits so this year it'll be nice to assist again. If you want stuff collecting and so on just let me know and I'll get on it. My club go to help a trader member so arrangements can be made.

Sleeperservice was INCREDIBLY helpful about things, I might add. A true gent!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Thanks... please keep on lobbying :)

• Like 1

TELFORD KIT DECIDED........

We decided to prepare as our "Telford Special" for this year British jet aircraft in 1/72nd scale.

Now you have chance to win free kit signed by KP/AZ team :-) Answer the question - What type we are working on?

• Like 1