KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

11 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

I would like to ask all of you, who had this problem, check your kit - parts etc very carefully if there is any damage or not. If yes, send me e-mail with your claim, it will be solved ASAP. My e-mail - [email protected]

I bought your new La-5F, and when it arrived, the box was completely empty! In fact, I didn't even receive the box!

:banghead:

John

5 hours ago, Mikemx said:

It's not just KP/AZ boxes, Sword and Xtrakit boxes can come apart quite easily too.

thanks

Mike

Sword are way, way worse. I agree about that. I am not a big fan of the open end boxes anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prenton said:

Guys. While it might be a little annoying, let's remember that we are modellers and not collectors!  The kits are great and once they are made, the boxes go to the recycling!

Agreed, but...

8 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

And some buy for the future, so storage is important

...precisely!  It doesn't just affect the modellers either, it affects the retailers too.

1 hour ago, Abakan said:

I am not a big fan of the open end boxes anyway.

Me neither!

I'd also like to point out that I've never had a problem with previous AZ kits (Spitfire Joypack, AH-1 Cobra Joypack, Bf-109 Joypacak and standard pack).

Anyway, back to the kits!  What progress with the 1/72nd Curtiss H-75's?

Edited by Wez

8 hours ago, Prenton said:

Guys. While it might be a little annoying, let's remember that we are modellers and not collectors!  The kits are great and once they are made, the boxes go to the recycling!

I agree with the previous few comment, boxes that collapse are a pain in the backside on several levels, they risk damge to their contents in transit, risk loss of components once opened & are a pain to store., plus, without constructive feedback, how can a manufacturer be expected to improve their product. This is a manufacturers thread after all.

Steve.

All the AZ family, Sword, Tarangus Fly kits come in very similar boxes. I call them 'Ceski krabice' :) I think thus is very close to how it will be in Czech :) Since they all of same size - it's very convenient to stash them - love this fact! 

But yes - for some reason some of them tend to literally fall apart. Not all though. And typically no damage to the contents - unlike e.g. extremely densely packed Revell boxes where broken transparencies are sometimes detected.

On ‎17‎.‎5‎.‎2017‎. at 10:31 AM, Jan Polc said:

MarkoZG - I just checked my e-mail, nothing found..., but maybe it is my fault when making order in my folders. Can you repeat it to me please. I am very sorry for discomfort.

Hi Jan,

I just resent you my e-mail. Please check if you got it. If not, please let me know.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jan, was a pleasure to have a chat with you @ Modelbrno.

Looking forward to the Erla & Regensburg Bf-109s as well as the K-series, as announced.

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Vienna,

Roman

Modellbrno was the last show before holidays.... All our team will switch to summer mode. Next new releases at the end of AugustPlanned is Curtiss and Praga E-114. And one kit in 1/48 scale.

To John Thompson - La-5F next to Praga... :-)

On 2017-06-20 at 7:53 AM, Jan Polc said:

To John Thompson - La-5F next to Praga... :-)

That's Lieutenant John Thompson of the RCN Sea Baker Conversion Unit to you, Sir...

But seriously, folks, I will continue to pretend to be patient! :thumbsup:

John

• Like 1

It may be too late to mention but:

For the Curtise Hawk 75. 

Would it be possible for the kit to be manufactured in such a way that the maximum number of variants could be offered?

It would be superb to have e.g. the option to build the 75 - A-8's that were used in little Norway, then the USA as P-36G, then in Peru. A neat little boxing :).

The Dutch East Indies 75-A7 would also be good, of interest to those modelling the Pacific war in general and also Dutch modelling enthusiasts.

I would buy the above Cyclone variants and also be keen on Twin Wasp and Cyclone engined Finnish variants, along with French and British variants. Probably not alone in this. 

I guess the fixed undercarriage eg  M, N and O variants may be a bit too much to suggest, but I seem to have suggested it anyway ;).

Dutch East Indies and Norwegian really would be nice :pray: .

Have a good holiday/summer mode.

TonyT

• Like 1

TonyT - your wish to enjoy summer mode after reading tens of variants and sleepless nights on kit design was taken as a good joke... :-)

In fact - I am outside of P-36 project as I am fully involved in our 1/48 scale kits. But, what I know - British, Finnish and French boxings are ready. What is more in the sprues I do not know and I have no chance to ask, as the author is somewhere abroad... :-) And when he is back, I am leaving for few weeks... It is summer, you know... :-) Stay tuned.

• Like 2

On 26/06/2017 at 5:06 PM, Jan Polc said:

And when he is back, I am leaving for few weeks... It is summer, you know... :-) Stay tuned.

Winter in this neck of the woods Jan :cold: .

Looking forward to the P-36. Potez 540 transport variant too :).

Best regards

TonyT

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Re-re-re-re-re-release.

V.P.

What you mean? It is for the first time version BM with different rudder and other parts is released....

• Like 1