KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Small off topic - I discovered (I know, after 18 years) wonderful movie "Notting Hill"..., yes I am fan of romantic movies, horrors I can see in news daily. Atmosphere is great. I am planning short trip to London, Hendon again. And I decided to visit Notting Hill. Question is - is it still the same place or has it changed in touristic attraction full of crowd after the movie? Thanks for answer and sorry for off topic. Over.

• Like 1

Hi Jan,

I sent you e-mail regarding Avro Prefects on the mail address you wrote, but didn't get any response since.

The topic was about possibility to combine some complete Prefect kits from spares you still have in your company.
Please let me know about it.

Thanks.

MarkoZG - I just checked my e-mail, nothing found..., but maybe it is my fault when making order in my folders. Can you repeat it to me please. I am very sorry for discomfort.

To all of you gentlemen - thank you very much for your support, one picture is more than thousand words...

hannant.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

& I haven't even bought my one yet. :)

Steve.

Mine came today.

I have a question though, was there a glue shortage at the box factory?  Mine had come apart at the seams!  Has anybody else had this problem?

Pleased with the contents though! :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, Wez said:

Mine came today.

I have a question though, was there a glue shortage at the box factory?  Mine had come apart at the seams!  Has anybody else had this problem?

Yes, I can confirm this with their 1/72 Spitifire IX kits.

At some stage the box seams just fell apart, as if the glue had vanished.

18 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Yes, I can confirm this with their 1/72 Spitifire IX kits.

At some stage the box seams just fell apart, as if the glue had vanished.

So it's not just me then, good to know, I shan't take it personally then! :D

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback. I am not expert in boxes, but last few deliveries were really in very bad quality. What we found we delivered back to the printer. Unfortunately, some boxes went apart after we dispatched them to customers. Sorry for that, we had some strong words with our supplier and I hope we will get much better glued boxes next time, because our the next step will be change of printer.

I would like to ask all of you, who had this problem, check your kit - parts etc very carefully if there is any damage or not. If yes, send me e-mail with your claim, it will be solved ASAP. My e-mail - [email protected]

And let me add our very big SORRY....

Edited by Jan Polc

Jan,

Thanks for the explanation - pesky suppliers eh?

As for the contents of my boxes, they're all there but I really appreciate the your offer to replace any missing parts, this shows good customer care.

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Mine came today.

It's a rather common problem with AZ. Could be mostly some older kits, but out of 4 Bu181 kits 3 needed reglueing because they fell appart. Annoying, but easy to fix.

Seems to be bigger prob than I realised. Can I ask you for PM to me - what box was bad (kit type or Cat. No., when you ordered it and from what distributor? I have to have some papers in my hands when talking to box supplier. Let me apologise again gentlemen.

I do not know what glue they use, but I expect it was produced according to some new EU regulations. You can eat it, drink it, suitable for children but it does not work... :-)

• Like 4

As I said, older kits ( Zlin Z-381 AZCZ41 ) and I noticed a Spitfire IIB box also falling appart. Need to glue it.

Not a big deal, I will fix it during the weekend.

Guys. While it might be a little annoying, let's remember that we are modellers and not collectors!  The kits are great and once they are made, the boxes go to the recycling!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prenton said:

Guys. While it might be a little annoying, let's remember that we are modellers and not collectors!  The kits are great and once they are made, the boxes go to the recycling!

Some are , some aren't. And some buy for the future, so storage is important

• Like 3