KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

6 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

The winner is - "My dog have eaten my wing from the kit AZ......." :-)

It may even have been true .  Our dog once ate one of the tailplanes from my girlfriend's 1/144 Hunter .  It came back a day or so later , but not in the best of condition

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

BTW - we have hitparade of the requests, according the level of humour....., your "I lost" can not win. The winner is - "My dog have eaten my wing from the kit AZ......." :-)

What would 'I ate my MB-5' get me?

(Apart from indigestion of course.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

It may even have been true .  Our dog once ate one of the tailplanes from my girlfriend's 1/144 Hunter .  It came back a day or so later , but not in the best of condition

Ours ate two ESCI Sea Harrier canopies - the second the replacement after Humbrol replaced the first!

it was the Blu Tack she liked!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Coming very soon, AZ model Fairey Fulmar Mk. I 1/72

This is a nice surprise! This is another good one to make canopy masks for, by the way. I mean, just look at it.

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Coming very soon, AZ model Fairey Fulmar Mk. I 1/72

I won't bother ordering the Smer ones from Hannants then.

2 hours ago, Mikemx said:

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Special Hobby Fulmar kit. We'll certainly be stocking the AZ one as well.

thanks

Mike

It it will and I'll, probably, be placing an order from you when they are released.

57 minutes ago, Procopius said:

This is a nice surprise! This is another good one to make canopy masks for, by the way. I mean, just look at it.

You mean you wouldn't paint that by hand?

• Like 2

On 6.4.2017 at 8:59 PM, Jan Polc said:

AaCee26 - telling truth, I am working on MF, R and MFN versions now, what I know we have bis and MS in the line, twoseaters later. I do not think we will go down to F, as there is nice Revell kit, so Chinese versions I do not expect in our line. But maybe I am not informed only... Should be checked morrow.

Hi Jan,

Look like we have different opinion of the Revell kit. Too many frustrating thinks in it for me. I firmly believe KP would make better! Until then I have to use Bilek with a detail set made by a German company called Revell ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

On 4/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, Beard said:

You mean you wouldn't paint that by hand?

I still wake screaming at night, coated in sweat after surviving cutting out all the masks for the Vista/Airfix Fulmar I did for the BoB GB a couple of years back.

• Like 4

Hi Jan

Can you please inform me of the process for obtaining replacement parts from AZ Model ?  I recently bought 2 of your Spitfire LF MkXVI kits (AZ7204) & found that one of the resin exhaust stacks in one of the kits was damaged .

Best regards

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

11 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Inbox of our new Spitfire Mk. IXe with Sir Bader´s aircraft featured - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/spitfire-mk-ixe-kp-172-nahled-do-krabicky/

Yet another kit I shall need, not for the DB one but how could I resist a kit with OU-V in it, 485 (NZ) Sqn flown by Johnny Houlton who shot down the first enemy aircraft on D-day with it. Good choice Jan :)

Steve

• Like 1

Oh no!  Another boxing that my collector's gene insists that I'll have to buy.  And two of them for a spare set of decals!

Can we have a "dogfight double" set, with a Va in Bader's markings and a Vb in the markings of Flight Lieutenant "Buck" Casson who shot him down?  :evil_laugh:

Edited by The Wooksta!
Black humour!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Yet another kit I shall need, not for the DB one but how could I resist a kit with OU-V in it, 485 (NZ) Sqn flown by Johnny Houlton who shot down the first enemy aircraft on D-day with it. Good choice Jan :)

Steve

Steve,

If thats the case, what are the chances of buying the DB decals off you? I've got a IX in the stash and have no idea what to do with it. A 'DB' coded one might look pretty cool.

Cheers.. Dave (you're pal across the 'Ditch').