KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Jan, I'm quite excited about your upcoming Bf-109K, Bf-109G-12 and Mustang kits.

I am sure I'll grab a bunch as soon as they're out (Modelbrno, by chance?).

Is there still a chance we might get an Erla built Bf-109G-10 this year?

And if so, will this kit also include the alternative cowling (commonly refered to as "110 cowling")?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Greetings from Vienna,

Roman

Yes Lance, but it is standard Erla cowling, so if we are working on Erla G-10 it must have this cowling. There are some changes in antenna system and in tail, but cowlings were still the same for all 109 produced in Erla factory....

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, Jan Polc said:

Good afternoon gentelemen,

the most frequent question I am getting is "What are you working on right now?"

In the link can be found answer let´s say in "LIVE" mode....

http://www.modelarovo.cz/telegraficky-z-kpaz/

The weathering in some of the later photos is quite remarkable...

While I'm posting, I'd just like to say, Jan, how much I (and I think many, many others) appreciate your willingness to engage directly with those of us who sit down and build the items you produce, and to answer our questions -no matter how repetitive or ridiculous- and deflect our wild and outrageous requests. Thank you.

Now, about those de Havilland twin-booms...

• Like 1

:-) thank you. I have to say, that I like to chat with. It is interesting to know various tastes of you all. Unfortunately we can not fulfill all. I also like that time to time our discussion goes off topic and we can find some remarkable beer brands, good food etc. I am taking you more as a friends than customers. It was a great pleasure for me to meet you personally in Telford. I still remember one meeting - Graham Boak has time to time some critical pointing at our kits, usually he has right. In Telford came a gentleman to our stand and told me "Hello, my name is Graham Boak, nice to meet you...." We had pleasing conversation and I discovered he is not enemy, he is just enthusiast.... :-) There is more guys, who are chatting with me on Facebook or via PM´s. All questions, wishes or tips are summarised regurarly and every Monday examined on our production meeting.

I am looking forward to the next Telford show, our stand will be again at the same place on Guideline stand where we are proud guests of Tommy Foxon and his band. 

I am everytime trying to find time for public or personal answer. Everytime with pleasure.

Well, there was sugar and honey big enough..... and now to the De Havilland twin booms - NO. :-)

• Like 3

On 22.2.2017 at 3:53 PM, Jan Polc said:

Good afternoon gentelemen,

the most frequent question I am getting is "What are you working on right now?"

In the link can be found answer let´s say in "LIVE" mode....

http://www.modelarovo.cz/telegraficky-z-kpaz/

Hi Jan,

Would the fried chicken be in 1/48 or 1/72 or both scales and when it will be available?

Cheers,

AaCee

All camouflages from our coming soon kit - Avia BH-9/11 can be found in the link. I am working on the same list of Chipmunks. It is a little bit harder, as I am not the author of these illustrations. So stay tuned.

http://www.modelarovo.cz/avia-bh-911-kp-172-prehled-zbarveni/

On 27. 2. 2017 at 9:02 PM, Abakan said:

when are the 109G12 and the 262 hitting the stores?

Unfortunately I can not give more accurate date. But I have heard some rumours in the company, covering 109K, so I think g-12 is close. 262 has no release date stated today.

Personal question - as I am big fan of Czechoslovaks in RAF, is there anybody who can help me with two issues? I am looking for the photographs of DH Gipsy Moth at 24 sqn and other light liason A/C serving there as there was a lot of Czechoslovak pilots. And other - is there anybody who can help me with Stranraers? Two crewmen served with 264 sqn (not sure in number), flying Stranraers. Is there ORB online, where I can look? Or has somebody and can tell me the names?

I repeat - personal question, not connected with our production.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

...And other - is there anybody who can help me with Stranraers? Two crewmen served with 264 sqn (not sure in number), flying Stranraers...

Hi Jan, sorry, this will be no help except as a process of elimination, but it was not 264 Squadron, they never flew Stranraers - they were probably most well known as a Defiant squadron in the early part of the war.

Wiki has a list of RAF Stranraer squadrons on this page

Cheers,

Stew

Dear gentlemen, I have just got the info, that Chipmunk release date 18th March will be postponed. Delay will be some two weeks due to the problems with canopy moulding. Problem is solved but mould needs some changes.

While I would have preferred if the lower wing was one piece with part of the lower fuselage, the locating pins and holes look to be of sufficient depth to make a good joint.  I also like that the locating pins and holes, at least on the top of the lower wing should also allow a good joint, and although not seen, I have no reason to believe that the locating holes on the bottom of the upper wing are not the same way.  Looking forward to getting the e-mail from Hannant's saying it is in stock.

Later,

Dave