KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

P-51B/C "Dorsal fin" test shots are ready and tested - success.....

Convert the kit is very easy - two cuts in panel line and new tail part of the fuselage, work for 15 minutes including cigarette and a glass of whisky.

dorsal-fin-2.jpg

• Like 3

That day of 2001 we were only two peoples at the top of the 5 Sqn hangar at Beauvechain air base, me and my old friend Hugo Mambour...  ^_^

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/hangar/2001/marchettis/st15.htm

in article http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/.../marchettis/marchettis.htm

st15.jpg (90348 bytes)

image.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Got this picture from my friend in files for SF 260. Sorry for that, I had no idea who to contact. If you agree, free kits of SF 260 as payment can be arranged? Just remind me whem it is ready.

4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

.....work for 15 minutes including cigarette and a glass of whisky.

While your refusal to make my Potez (and take my money) does still strike me as daft, I have to admit.....I do like your style!  :cheers:

• Like 1

Keep cool Jan it's not a problem of money. Not our style. Feel free to use this picture at your best convenience but please just give the credit to the photographer: H. Mambour/AviaScribe.

Imagine our surprise to discover in the AZ model leaflet this picture taken nearly sixteen years ago - yes, I've a good photographic memory! Be also aware this is a scan from a slide as at that time we were still in the dark age of films.

Have a good weekend.

Vincent Pirard /AviaScribe

More about Air Component SF.260 Marchettis:

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/hangar/2001/marchettis/marchettis.htm
http://www.belgian-wings.be/Webpages/Navigator/Photos/MilltaryPics/post_ww2/Siai%20Marchetti%20SF260M-D/Siai%20Marchetti%20homepage.html
http://belmilac.wikifoundry.com/page/Siai+Marchetti+SF.260M+-+SF.260D

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006372-signor-marchetti-belgian-national-day-2016/

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Thank you Homebee. I will replace all news list with new one everywhere I can. And I will credit him. Again, my big apologies. Nice weekend to you too.

I am going to one local small kit show to meet my friends, chat and drink beer or two, maybe three... :-)

So see ya all on Monday morning ( or another (your) local time).

Jan

• Like 1

On 10. 2. 2017 at 3:09 PM, Jan Polc said:

Convert the kit is very easy - two cuts in panel line and new tail part of the fuselage, work for 15 minutes including cigarette and a glass of whisky.

Since I don't smoke, but will go for the whisky, does that mean it will take me ten minutes? ;-)

Has to be Irish Air Corps for the Marchetti.

Spare slot, did you say?

7586348978_b05f0897dd_k.jpgXR244 Auster AOP.9 by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

7586361424_257b4385e3_k.jpgXP820 de Havilland-Canada Beaver AL.1 by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

7596433926_ceb980332c_k.jpgXX654 Bulldog T.1 by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

20695212748_a8293306cb_k.jpgG-BVSD Sud-Aviation SE3130 Alouette II by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

7569552822_a6120842c7_k.jpgK4972 Hawker Hart Trainer MkIIA by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

20882878225_2c93b3b3d1_k.jpgG-AZWT Westland Lysander Mk.IIIA by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

Just one or two thoughts...

• Like 3

T7, 

That last post deserves six likes - one for each suggestion. 

There's plenty of inspirational thoughts in those subjects, but surely a new tooled Lizzie has to be on someone's future modelling plans. Especially since there was one (and many rather good CGI ones) in the recent Brad Pitt movie "Allied". 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

Hi to all.

I must say, that in the pictorial list I have two personal favourites....  I was looking at Hart very long time during my visit in Hendon last year when travelling to Telford. And Bulldog. But, in contrary, no one subject from the list can be included into our production line. Not this year. 

And I expect Bulldog from Airfix once...

Hi Jan,

I realise this will probably be filed under the 'just another nutter with an unrealistic crazy request' but you don't get if you don't ask so I would like to put forward the Bristol Belverdere helicopter for consideration, I can't claim it will sell millions but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any competition for it.,

cheers,

spad

Belvedere...., nice bird, but I am afraid it is too big. But I guess only according the pics. We have some helicopters in the pipeline. And as I remember, Colin from Freightdog was talking with me about some helo..., I think not Belvedere, but not sure now.

Would you consider the Saab Safir in 1/72, Jan?

The old Heller kit is workable, but showing it's age. It's also not that easy to find these days as it was last released almost ten years ago.

There's lots of good marking options for it in both military and civil variations and I think it would compliment the current AZ kit line.

We promised Hurricane? Really? :-)Safir - yes, interesting bird. I think there is a Swdish company, which will find it as interesting project.... :-)