KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Please disregard my pm to you @Jan Polc, I have accidentally stumbled upon this thread. 

You and any others perusing this topic should know that after recently having to pack away all my models for a future move, I noted that I had more AZ spitfires thann any other brand! ...Largely due to joypacks. They are beautiful kits and I really look forward to having them all.

I am happy to see AZ/KP so actively engaging the BM community. 

May I ask, as mentioned in the last thread, if an F-94C (late) or F7F Tigercat would be viable production subjects? 

Cheers, Jeffer.

Morning in the new flat.... :-)

Let me welcome you in the new thread.

Let me start to answer - F-94 was never discussed, more chances has F-7F, but it has no ETA yet. But it is my favourite Grumman, oposition in the company is voting for F-8F....

• Like 2

More info - Chipmunk is ta the stage of completed components, ready for moulding. We can expect it really very early in 2017. Bad news is with Cessna family, - these kits were postponed in the schedule. I think, that in November we will inform you more precisely about the release dates in 2017.

What about what-if MB-5 "Racers" boxings? Is it interesting for you? One idea is here.....

mb5-2-cut02.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Morning in the new flat.... :-)

Let me welcome you in the new thread.

Let me start to answer - F-94 was never discussed, more chances has F-7F, but it has no ETA yet. But it is my favourite Grumman, oposition in the company is voting for F-8F....

They are both wonderful, but there already exists an F8F Bearcat by Artmodel, and Sword in 'modern' tools. Either way I would buy a kit. :)

Sorry to hear about the F-94 not being discussed, but I will wait patiently for any future discussion.

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Bad news is with Cessna family, - these kits were postponed in the schedule

Sorry to hear that Jan - I am, like others I think, looking forward to modelling the aircraft I learned to fly in. 1/72 150 and 152 (is Aerobat an option?) will be purchased as soon as they're released!

CedB - not so good sales of Piper 18/21 stopped next let us say civilian/sport aircraft for a while. I hope, that from it is understandable. We have to look after our cashflow. So, after Chipmunk, not earlier.

• Like 4

Hi, Jan 

As you mentioned - IDF types enjoy huge popularity. And PA-11 Cub Special was the one to be widely used during Israeli Independence war for all kinds of operations. At the same time Super Cub was more a trainer in IDF. 

Did you consider issuing Cub Special with the target to cover IDF modellers market? I'm pretty sure IDF's PA-11 could outsell PA-18 and that is probably what IDF modelling public is awaiting holding off with PA-18...

Regards,

Dennis.

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

Is there a plan to revisit some of your older subjects and improve/replace them with the improved molding technology you have now?

The newer Zlin Z-126 kits are a huge improvement over the older ones that had thicker plastic and vac formed cockpit canopies. Would you consider doing similar with the M-1 Sokol kits?

40 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

We were talking about M-1, there is an idea re-release it, but in the original form.

Good to know. The first time I tried to build one, I made a mess out of it and would love the chance to try it again.

If you do re-release it, could you possibly replace the vac form canopies with injected parts?

Hi fregat, Ki 102 "Randy" is at the status to released in 2017, master is finished, prepared and is waiting for time window at mould makers. Decals are ready, boxes also. To the Japanese "1946" aircraft - I have no idea, if we will do some. What clear today is the re-release of Ki-48 Lily with corrected clear parts, with no close ETA stated today.

• Like 2

Hi John, just yesterday I saw the milling machine "in action", it seems to me that we need some month or so to finish the La 5F. La 5 later a little bit. Not much. We will know more in November, so I will tell you.

• Like 2

Hi Jan,

how are your Dewoitine D.500/501/510 progressing in the light of same types announced by Hobby Boss?

Also what about other ex-Pavla models like Fieseler Fi 167?

And my long waited wish a turret equipped Breda Ba.65, when could that one be expected?

Thanks.

Marko

5 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Sorry guys, but with all these questions I'm a little bamboozled as to which scales you're all talking about!? :hmmm:

I should imagine 1/72, but I am ignorant to AZ/KP offerings beyond said realm.

• Like 1