If you think the new Tamiya F-14 Tomcat might be too expensive then have a look at this Hasegawa kit.

Stephen

I've noticed that this happens a lot on Amazon. I use the US version and it is the same. There is a listing for a kit at full MSRP, then right below it a listing from a private party at 3 or 4 (sometimes many more) times the MSRP. Not sure why people do this; maybe they are just hoping they find the one dope with no spending restrictions who has no concept that you can buy most kits online for a whole range of prices? It is a little greedy to then charge postage on top of it, though....

Edited by Kevin Callahan

I don't remember the details, but apparently Amazon uses some sort of pricing algorithm for their pricing. Supposedly it will let you set a price, then when it sees pricing of similar items, it will raise the price to compete with those. Then the other guys' pricing will rise to compete, etc, etc, etc... A never-ending spiral. Of course some guys are greedy bastidges or have no clue how much their kit is really worth, but I think the algorithm thing is responsible for a lot of that outrageous pricing.

On 13/10/2016 at 1:25 AM, Don McIntyre said:

I don't remember the details, but apparently Amazon uses some sort of pricing algorithm for their pricing. Supposedly it will let you set a price, then when it sees pricing of similar items, it will raise the price to compete with those. Then the other guys' pricing will rise to compete, etc, etc, etc... A never-ending spiral. Of course some guys are greedy bastidges or have no clue how much their kit is really worth, but I think the algorithm thing is responsible for a lot of that outrageous pricing.

And some people like to believe that computers will end up running the world. Reality check people, they don't understand when you talk to them and they can't speak, may never do, say some experts in the field.