Lancaster grand slam

Hirst89

• 2 months later...

I built one some years back. The additional parts necessary for the conversion provided by Airfix are rather crude. This was in the days of their decline when any new kits seemed to have been outsourced to the cheapest bidder. With effort it comes out OK. Be prepared for filling and fitting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MilneBay said:

I built one some years back. The additional parts necessary for the conversion provided by Airfix are rather crude. This was in the days of their decline when any new kits seemed to have been outsourced to the cheapest bidder. With effort it comes out OK. Be prepared for filling and fitting. 

Looks like I'll need some filler on my Christmas list lol

14 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

May be better off using some of the Grand Slam bits on the 2013 new tool Lancaster.  The bomb bay section should fit and the new tool has far better props than the Grand Slam release.

... and parts to blank off the dorsal turret easily.

On 13/12/2016 at 0:00 PM, speedbird said:

And the colour conundrum. .light earth over light green with grey undersides or standard night bomber colours..

Despite painting mine in the lighter colours, I now believe they were in DE/DG looking at that photo of the three aircraft together with both schemes. This debate probably won't draw a conclusion, but that photo doesn't appear to show any evidence of lighter shades

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

Despite painting mine in the lighter colours, I now believe they were in DE/DG looking at that photo of the three aircraft together with both schemes. This debate probably won't draw a conclusion, but that photo doesn't appear to show any evidence of lighter shades

I agree entirely even though like yourself I did mine in the LE/LG/MSG simply because it looked nice, it made a refreshing change from the standard scheme and there was some compelling eye witness evidence to support the lighter scheme although it seems now that this eye witness saw the lancasters post war.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...