1/72nd Special Hobby Blenheim Mk.V- Finished Late!

Hiya Folks,......another quick update,.....I`ve added a watercolour wash and painted the exhaust rings using Humbrol steel with dry brushing of silver and blue;

DSCF9400_zpsn9fq30xo.jpg

DSCF9398_zpsfho21kyq.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Folks,

Got a bit more done on this one today,.....fitted the undercarriage which will be painted in the original Azure Blue colour of the airframe undersides before they were repainted white in theatre, the props have also been added to the resin hubs but have yet to be tidied up and repainted after sanding. The whees are from an old Airfix kit and were found from the spares box and cleaned up. 

DSCF9466_zpswxc39l4s.jpg

Still need to do some detail paintwork and a bit more weathering yet plus the u/c doors need to be fitted too,

Cheers

Tony

PS- I meant to mention that the bubbles on the canopy windows were cut from a set of vacuformed doors left over from a later edition of the MPM Blenheim Mk.IV which had these included.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 6

Cheers Col,.......haven`t got around to doing the finishing touches yet,... so here are some reference pics of real Bjenheim Mk.V`s;

cockpit;

blenheim%20v%20cockpit_zpsphy2x6vn.jpg

underside turret;

blenheim%20v%20nose%20turret_zpsxendvpfh

and here is on in the desert showing off its Briistol turret;

Blenheim%20V%20Fayid%2020BN-A1_zps9ugrck

Cheers,

Tony. 

• Like 3

Some interesting photos here and in your other thread Tony.

I keep getting drawn to Malta/North Africa subjects and some PR Hurricanes and Spitfires in particular that I'd love to do for this GB but know fine well there's plenty controversy and confusion to cut through that'd see me spending too much time researching and not enough time modelling :rolleyes: Seeing my one entry for this GB in comparison to your fleet of various and interesting models is a humbling experience.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Tony, you've really thrown ourself into this GB, with three models all of which look superb and a subject i know you love so well. Congratulations on your efforts mate. 

Come and join us in the Wessex STGB you still ahve two months...

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Folks,

I was rushed into hospital earler this week and after an MR Scan showed that yet another disc had become displaced and was pressing into my spinal cord I was tranx to the Acute Spinal Centre at Salford Royal. It has been a very painful time with some partial (hopefully temporary) paralysis below the waist and an operation at this stage is too dangerous, so I have had a small op to try and reduce the size of the disc and hopefully prevent a much larger and more dangerous procedure.

They have let me out for Christmas.and to attend my Mum`s funeral (she ded on 16th December) and I report back in January,......so it has been a bit of a shitty week or so and although I have a number of almost  finished models in this GB, I doubt that I`ll be finishing them in time!

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy 2017,

Cheers

Tony 

• 1 month later...

Cheers fella`s,....... glad you like it.

I`m on the road to recovery back to where I was before Christmas,..... it is just going to be a long haul but I`m feeling much better cheers.

All the best

Tony

• Like 3