Accurate Armour

hampden80

Has anyone built any of the Accurate Armour Land Rover Kits?Have some in the stash and would like to know if any pitfalls await me.This will be my first resin kit build.Having a Total hip replacement soon, so i will have lots of available time.

Thanks,

John

Not built any of the Landies from AA but you'll find that it's well designed and engineered fella, test fit and test fit is the order of the day. Most of the problems that you might incur are probably self made with the newer kits but some of the older kits and conversions can be a bit challenging.

I've built a few AA full kits and a couple conversions with no real issues, get a good razor saw for removing the casting blocks and a set of sanding sticks.

Good luck with the Op and have fun with the build buddy :thumbsup:

Regards

Dan 

53 minutes ago, hampden80 said:

Thanks for the heads up.Will have to buy a razor saw in the foreseeable future. Do you have any recommendations as to which one?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I have always used the Tamiya razor saw, two blades, one small and one long blade, it's all you need :)

Dan 

I've built a WMIK and a 110 Wolf ragtop (OK so its PVC plastic now....)

Pitfalls? The huge one is the suspension on the model which I'd suggest you want to bin and start from scratch on.  If you built it out of the box, the body looks like it sits way too high on the chassis and it looks stupid (I learned the hard way).  Cut down some springs and drop the suspension is my advice.  Everything else is pretty much OK on them. 

Just to give you a view on the AA Wolf vs the HobbyBoss Wolf (if you have built one).  The suspension on the HobbyBoss Wolf is akin to a standard 110 Defender - it sits too low for a Wolf.  If you have a HobbyBoss kit, the Wolf wants to sit about 1.5mm higher than the HobbyBoss truck.

The AA truck has GS90 tyres on it which are a teeny bit too wide for my liking, but the wheels are better reproductions that the HobbyBoss wheels which are pants.