Another Chieftain, Takom Mk11 this time ...

Etienne

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Turret looks good to me as does the rest of the hull.

One small thing to me the inside of the hatches look to clean and unmarked

Roger

Roger, you are completely right ... I didn't work to much on the hatches and I must admit I don't know what to do, do you have some ideas ?

Francis, thanks for your comment B)

E

Last flat coat then I installed the tracks ... to notice that I was a link too short on both sides, even though everything was OK without paint and so on :huh:

Fortunately, I had spares already primed, painted and rusted ... so everything is now "on tracks" !!

img_0120.jpg
img_0122.jpg
img_0123.jpg
img_0124.jpg
img_0121.jpg
img_0125.jpg
img_0126.jpg
img_0128.jpg
img_0127.jpg

Cheers ... E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 6

That is stunning a real show stopper!

As regards the inside faces of the hatches the paint would be dull and scratched around the edges, the padding would also be dull and on a well used example probably shoe some damage such as small rips. This is just my view and it's your model so finish it how you want it to look.

Roger

Looking forward to seeing what's next now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

That is stunning a real show stopper!

As regards the inside faces of the hatches the paint would be dull and scratched around the edges, the padding would also be dull and on a well used example probably shoe some damage such as small rips. This is just my view and it's your model so finish it how you want it to look.

Roger

Looking forward to seeing what's next now!

Thanks Roger for your comments and advice ... I am trying to find some good photos of modern tank's hatches to see what they look like ;)

E

Great chieftain.

Regarding the inside of the hatches, as already mentioned, "chips and rips". The locking handles were always red in colour too.

Dont forget to remove the masking tape from the gunner's sight, he wont be able to engage any targets otherwise!!!!!

Nick

• 1 month later...