Nagmachon "Doghouse 2" Hobby Boss 1/35

Hi All,

Here's my Hobby Boss Dog House 2. I've added the Meng IDF Tankers figures and Eureka tow cables. I found this kit quite a challenge as I can't do PE at all and mounting the bar armour was really hit and miss as you have to cut the mounting slots out of the doghouse walls which was pretty tricky. I hear the Tiger Models kit is much better. The tracks are individual links but not too demanding as the side armour covers most of it.

The mud effect on the skirts is my first attempt with oils which I was reasonably pleased with. Still struggle with painting figures as you can see.

Still enjoyed the build though as it's such an imposing vehicle. If you're going to be where the bad men have IEDs, RPGs etc etc you want to be inside this wagon.

Any comments,suggestions much appreciated

Cheers

David

IMG_5947_zpsdcckypf6.jpg

IMG_5945_zpshnbqnbwh.jpg

IMG_5882_zps6zbg62et.jpg

IMG_5952_zpstxwdh2ab.jpg

IMG_5929_zps5lsjm4cp.jpg

• Like 13

It's a design that will never win any beauty contests, but you've made a good job of it :)  Perhaps work on fading the mud splodges on the side skirts next time, but as I'm currently building my first bit of armour in a while, I understand how tricksy weathering can be... :frantic:

My fear of the bar armour is what has prevented me from commencing my build in favour of others, so for even starting you deserve great credit.

The fact that this has come out so bloody well accrues even more!

I don't know about where you are, but here in Oz the Tiger kit is twice the price, and as an unknown quantity (and much harder to find) I chose HB. Not so sure now ...

Hi

I think you should have a go now you've got it. I managed to make a mess of the rear bogies for some reason and the photo etch light guards are really tricky. When you're building the "turret" take note of all of the cut outs you need to make - be careful as they're close to the edges of the panels. I put the turret on the hull, painted it, added the glass and then the supports for the bar armour. I had to use superglue on some of them. Only when your happy that all the supports are solid go ahead and fit the bars last. Mine is by no means perfect but it's still a good looking beast. Good Luck!