Amongst The Ruins In North Africa

2 hours ago, Darby said:

It doesn't take much to create an enjoyable and pleasing dio. Where do you get those Form-u lay's from. I may have to investigate these.

This is the site you can get the moulds from, I make all mine with Plaster of Paris

http://www.form-u-lay.co.uk/index.php

The are also usually found on the show circuits trading and will be next on will be at Yeovilton next Saturday

Emu

Nice little dio/vignette. Couple of things... what are the small pale sandy-coloured patches of undergrowth made from? Secondly, that aerial is way too thick. If I remember correctly from when I built this kit some 35yrs ago, it suggests you make the aerial from stretched sprue. If you have tried unsuccessfully to stretch sprue, or find it too fragile for your liking, (As I do) a bristle from a toothbrush would be a good replacement.

Rearguards,

Badder

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Nice little dio/vignette. Couple of things... what are the small pale sandy-coloured patches of undergrowth made from? Secondly, that aerial is way too thick. If I remember correctly from when I built this kit some 35yrs ago, it suggests you make the aerial from stretched sprue. If you have tried unsuccessfully to stretch sprue, or find it too fragile for your liking, (As I do) a bristle from a toothbrush would be a good replacement.

Rearguards,

Badder

The patches of undergrowth is rough grass from Woodland Scenics, in regards to the ariel/anttana I have looked through some pictures and found they came in various sizes ranging from 1.5-2meters in height and various diameter too., not only where they put on top of the radio the could be put onto the ground, all I have done is use what I call artistic license 

emu

• Like 1

• 4 months later...