'Mrs Bonnie'

Ian

Tamiya's 1:32 kit. Won't be an OoB build and may not get done in the time-frame especially as we're 'coming home' for a holiday just after New Year, but other than one other project I'm clearing the bench of everything to focus on this one.

Put the 'block' together this morning and mixed/sprayed a cocktail of Tamiya acrylic XF-56 & XF1.

engine%201_zpspl0cz2a2.jpg

engine%202_zps2iqsc6db.jpg

Thanks for looking and/or commenting. Please feel free to make any comments or ask any questions throughout the build.

Ian.

• Like 1

Hi Ian we don`t start the build till  22/10 /16  sorry the start date was moved  , but your ok that`s not over 25% 

Good luck with the Build ....Les

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I jumped the gun, sorry folks... OK, here's where I am right this minute:

engine%206_zpsporog0qd.jpg

Engine & firewall done.

right%20bearer%201_zpseqyllvne.jpg

right%20fuse_zpsfvyvspr9.jpg

Engine bearers and fuselage insides painted and weathered.

well%20done%201_zpscfmvmvrg.jpg

well%20done%202_zpslwxqzkdc.jpg

Wheel well has been detailed with various gauges of flexible florists wire and fuse wire. Painted with Tamiya acrylic 'Chromate Yellow, weathered with a simple dirty brown oil wash and a little light dry-brushing.

pit%20seat%201_zps00itxsmr.jpg

pit%20right%20wall_zpsupwapywz.jpg

pit%20left%20wall_zps3vm5c6l5.jpg

pit%201_zpsyk5g2llw.jpg

pit%202_zpsatzfoshk.jpg

pit%20IP_zps3mubflom.jpg

Seat is painted XF5 straight from the bottle for contrast with just a little 'old school' dry brushing for weathering. I'll be using Eduard belts simply because I had already had them 'in stock', otherwise I would have gone with HGW belts.   Sidewalls finished. Used Barracuda's placards throughout the pit. Mixed my own green from three parts Tamiya Flat Green (XF5) and two parts Tamiya Chromate Yellow. I've also used the Barracuda resin throttle quadrant - although in this pic the actual (late) throttle lever hasn't yet been added. Barracuda radio battery and leads. The radio itself is the Tamiya item but I cut the switch-box from the Barracuda radio and grafted it on to the Tamiya one. Using Roy's instructions I wired the radio & battery with various gauges of fuse wire all fixed with CA glue.   IP came-out well and I replaced the control column with the Barracuda one. 

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, more soon.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 3