Smallest BEA/BOAC/BA airplane

I got this 144 British airliner build going on. got the Roden VC10 nearly done and the Airfix 707 in progress. Also got the Welsh DH Heron in limbo, was surprised how small it looks in comparison. So just wondering what was the smallest airplane to wear BEA/BOAC/BA colors? And are there a kit and decals for it out there?

Bill

Found some BA Flying Club Tomahawks:

6872173697_91c542f63c_b.jpgG-DCAN Piper PA-38 Tomahawk 112 by N nine, on Flickr

'Dream Tails' scheme

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/282154/g-bmvl-british-airways-flying-club-piper-pa-38-112-tomahawk

Landor

579386.jpg

15872848758_c918fc70c0.jpg

Chatham Scheme:

http://www.pixstel.com/piper-tomahawk-g-bmvm_pics109-10966.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

Lots of interesting stuff there thanks. Reason why I asked was I got a long term build going of 144 Imperial/BOAC/BEA/BA airliners. I got most of the big stuff either built or good to go (with a gap in the 1930s due to lack of kits). However it occurred to me there were some oddballs, mostly at the smaller end. Don't know if its practicable to do any of the real small stuff in 144, like a 144 Rapide though if I can find one.

Bill

4 hours ago, billneill said:

Lots of interesting stuff there thanks. Reason why I asked was I got a long term build going of 144 Imperial/BOAC/BEA/BA airliners. I got most of the big stuff either built or good to go (with a gap in the 1930s due to lack of kits). However it occurred to me there were some oddballs, mostly at the smaller end. Don't know if its practicable to do any of the real small stuff in 144, like a 144 Rapide though if I can find one.

Bill

Does your collection include a BOAC Viscount?  I didn't know about those until I came across a diecast (can't remember whether 1/500 or 1/400).  Apparently two were used as feeders to transatlantic services from Prestwick.

Edited by JosephLalor

51 minutes ago, Terrain Safe said:

What about the old Islander? Good old GBLNJ?

The Loganair Islanders flew in BA colours for a while. Twin Otter as well. And there was a BA Skyvan

1 hour ago, JosephLalor said:

Does your collection include a BOAC Viscount?  I didn't know about those until I came across a diecast (can't remember whether 1/500 or 1/400).  Apparently two were used as feeders to transatlantic services from Prestwick.

http://derbosoft.proboards.com/thread/7204

G-AMOG_V701_Viscount_BOAC_(op_by_Cambria

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 3

The BEA Silver Wings Gliding Club at Booker operated a Slingsby Sedbergh T-21 glider in BEA markings late fifties sorry no picture. Had Red wings,white fuselage and BEA square on the fin.

There was at least three of Skyvans - G-BAIT, G-ASZJ and G-AZYW - the latter was( re?)  painted in the original BA scheme, the others had a hybrid BEA colours/BA Scottish Division scheme (I think G-ASZJ was on lease from Shorts, it didn't have the radar nose)