Dragon Tiger II with zimmerit

Badder

No, I did them one at a time, but it looks like I'm stuck in a rut as they all have a sort of family resemblance.  Being retired with not much going on gives one lots of time for modelling.  I realize now that I have the jagdpanther weathered and dirty that the factory was in such a hurry in April 1945 that they forgot to put the unit numbers and markings on the thing before letting it rush out against the Russians, or at least that's my story.  With winter just around the corner (we have had snow already in Alberta Canada) I will have to pick up several more kits to pass the time and I've been thinking of some diorama ideas to incorporate some of my mostly WWII German armour.

I started that Meng D9R armoured bulldozer in August and got sidetracked as Sprue Bros. had a 20% off sale on Dragon kits so I jumped on these four and now I'm back to finishing the dozer which is just a bit more involved.  I finally figured a way to take the slack out of the tracks by adding a cylinder to the bogies so we will see just how hard it is to get all of the slat armour mounted as it looks like it will be a chore.

Lloyd

Buzby061

Yes this Dragon kit 6303 has the zimmerit moulded on.  I have tried to create zimmerit on several models with not much success which is why most of my German WWII models are after late 1944 when zimmerit was no longer used.  I also very much like steel wheels versus painting rubber tires, or trying to that is.

Lloyd