Bristol Blenheim Mk. IV, 139. sqd.

I will enter this one, the new Blenheim from Airfix.

I have just read the exelent book by Tony Otoole, No place for beginners, very recomedable, and been inspired to do som Malta a/c.

I have build the Mk. 1 before, so i decided to glue the fuselage together first as I had some fitting issues when doing as the drawing said last time.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

20161004_205853.jpg

20161004_212756.jpg

20161004_212807.jpg

20161004_215127.jpg

Cheers

Jes

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Touvdal said:

I have just read the excellent book by Tony O Toole, No place for beginners, very recomendable, and been inspired to do some Malta a/c.

I have build the Mk. 1 before, so i decided to glue the fuselage together first as I had some fitting issues when doing as the drawing said last time.

great start Jes, I'd like to do my Blenheim IV at some stage but after two Blenheim Is I'm a little hesitant!

On 8/10/2016 at 11:57 AM, FalkeEins said:

great start Jes, I'd like to do my Blenheim IV at some stage but after two Blenheim Is I'm a little hesitant!

Well now you know how to go ahead, after your difficulties with the first ones, :D

On 7/10/2016 at 6:59 PM, tonyot said:

Another excellent choice,.....great progress so far and again,...glad you liked the book,

Cheers,

Tony

I think that your book is very good, a super combination of history and modellers references profiles with reference photo :worthy:, other profile/decal producers could learn from that, very few do like you. 

Some further progress

Engines build, cowling need a bit of work

20161009_121001.jpg

Undercarriage let to dry

20161009_132138.jpg

cheers

Jes

• Like 1

You should file/sand off those little protruding bit on the front of the cowling. These were on the Canadian-built Bolingbroke that was the real aircraft used to get dimensions and details from, when Airfix made the new Blenheim kit. They are extra air intakes for cockpit heaters that were needed in the frigid Canadian winters, something I am very familiar with. In fact, it's snowing today, our first this winter.

Chris

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dogsbody said:

You should file/sand off those little protruding bit on the front of the cowling. These were on the Canadian-built Bolingbroke that was the real aircraft used to get dimensions and details from, when Airfix made the new Blenheim kit. They are extra air intakes for cockpit heaters that were needed in the frigid Canadian winters, something I am very familiar with. In fact, it's snowing today, our first this winter.

Chris

Thanks for the advice, have not noticed that

cheers

Jes

• 2 months later...