Supermarine Seafire Mk Ib Vokes, AZ Model 1:72

Hi

One more recently finished models after many drawbacks and leaving model in box end returning it on workbench.....
This is AZ Model from early series, lot of parts need cleanup, very hard to line parts, lot of putty needed.....in one word....complicated. But at the end i think that AZ Model catch up very nice Spitfire shape, lot of nice details....and i am happy with him at the end.
Airplane is personal mount of  Duncan Hamilton, Port Reitz, Kenya in unusual Royal blue color.
Colors are Vallejo, wash artistic oil colors, and final coat is Gunze semigloss varnish.
As much i tried to catch original color on camera, i was not able , tried all white balance settings but without success. Anyway you will get some idea....
I hope you will like it. Thanks for looking and as always all critiques are welcomed.
Best regards....and pictures at the end

2_zpsjuaiexqg.jpg

5_zps1l4ufwmu.jpg

6_zps9ej7pclz.jpg

4_zpsy31vebej.jpg

7_zpssc9g56k5.jpg

3_zps9ob3nch9.jpg

At the end little history research, and my build is probably doomed...  :)

Duncan Hamilton was Chief Instructor at an OTU, or Chief Pilot at the base. He did have a reputation as a fairly flamboyant character. After the war we was driver for the Jaguar Le Mans team(won the classic Le Mans 24-Hours race in 1953).

Now the color, i found that on few places, including his memoirs book (Touch Wood), Royal blue was maybe in fact BLACK color. Also i found on one forum that one of modellers contacted his son and his wife so i am just paste this part of the text:
"Confused by various claims as to the colour of Duncan Hamilton's Seafire (MB340) I e-mailed his son Adrian in England last night. He spoke to his mother (who was a WREN on the station at the time) and she confirms the colour as black (as Hamliton states in Touch Wood).
This does account for the major colour difference between the airframe colour and that of the blue section of the fin flash.

So even this Blue spitfire is more eye catching that any other....historically it could be totally wrong. So maybe another BLACK one will stand beside him in near future. Maybe like this one:

DSCF0051%204_zpsl0r1do25.jpg

So that is all what i manage to find.......but anyway i did not regret that i finished it in blue color, it makes my collection more colorful   :)

Regards Djordje

• Like 18