Reggiane Re.2000 Catapultabile- Italeri -1:72

Hello again!

I would like to participate with this little Italian fighter, kit from Italeri 1:72.

The Regia Marina (Italian Navy) experimented with a carrier version (Serie II) which was successfully launched by catapult. Lacking a carrier, Italy used a similar system to the British CAM ships equipped with Hurricanes. The first proposal was made in late December 1940, although the program officially began with an order issued in April 1943. The first modified Re.2000 Cat. (taken from the Swedish orders) flew on 27 June 1941, the last on 18 January 1942 (MM.8282-8288), but crashed on 10 September. There was another navalized Re.2000, the MM.471. It flew initially with a lower powered A.74 RC.38 engine, but it was lost too, during the travel from Reggio Emilia to Taranto (12 May 1941). The first launch was performed on 9 May 1942 with test pilot Giulio Reiner.[11] The work to make suitable the Re.2000 Cat., nicknamed Ochetta (little goose) took considerable time and only at the beginning of 1943 were they used aboard the Littorio class, but not more than one for every ship (although capable of holding three aircraft).

RE 2000 "Catapultabile"

Re 2000 aircraft modified for catapult launch from Regia Marina ships. On the day of the armistice, 8 September 1943, 6 Re 2000 "Catapultabile " were in service, with two on the battleship Roma and one each on the Vittorio Veneto and Italia (formerly the Littorio).

rkpy1l.jpg

17fked.jpg

ayvdi8.jpg

212v38i.jpg

2iks3o.jpg

sfeyip.jpg

f5r3t.jpg

• Like 5

Very interesting subject ! Looking forward to this build.

Don't know if you're into this kind of things, but may be worth mentioning that the location of the horizontal taiplanes is not right in this kit, should be farther back. In any case, whatever you decide to do, I'll keep watching this one !

Ty Giorgio.

I know about the problem of the tail, the same with the "nonno" Supermodel. 

I didn't decide yet what to do.

Colours:
Underside ***

Grigio Azzurro Chiaro = RLM 76, maybe a little bit more darker 

Topside ***
Grigio azzurro scuri = English extra dark sea grey /Grigio mimetico =  something more like American Neutral Gray

Edited by sven_ss

For the colours, the extra dark sea grey may be a bit too dark for the upper surfaces. At the same time it has the right "blueness".

In this video it's possible to see the upper wings of what may be a Re.2000 Catapultabile

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675066351_wrecked-Italian-aircraft_wrecked-aircraft_insignias-on-aircraft_World-War-II

The colours are not great and look a bit washed out, but IMHO the wings seem to be in a dark blue grey.