Airfix tooling in 1/48th scale - The Supermarine Walrus Mk.I

stan

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, Calum said:

It's a big yawn from me.

Hopefully the next release interests me ( I'm really enjoying the Hurricane Mk 1 ) 

And an even bigger yawn from me. The sort of yawn I normally reserve for Spitfires!!:lol::wicked:. But hey, what the hell! That's just me. Airfix usually manage to produce something I like. The new Me-262 is a good start. While I have zero interest in the Walrus, I commend Airfix for what is actually quite a bold and imaginative choice. My comments notwithstanding, I am happy for those of you who welcome this kit. Enjoy it!:D

Allan

As far as I am concerned it seems an odd choice; I suspect that price-wise it won't be much different from the CA/SH kit.

The failure to go on from the Spitfire XII and XIX to the XIV I find perplexing - that surely would outsell practically every 1:48 kit produced in the last ten years!

2 hours ago, mick b said:

It's not American so they won't give a stuff.....

Mick

Oh yea of little faith!

It will come, just wait til after the P-40 arrives

Although it's not in my scale (I bought far too many 1/48th scale kits that I never built), it's still nice to see Airfix bring this out. I've always had a soft spot for the old 'Shagbat'.

Regards,

Jason

2 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

Hopefully there is a hidden ASR theme, a nice 1:48 Hudson and Warwick next ? 

cheers

jerru

I would certainly like to see the Wellington revisited and a Warwick would be wicked in1/72.......in 1/48 well that would be, well, jaw dropping to say the very least......

Just brilliant, they can wow the crowd with forthcoming releases like this and still continue their age-old fixation with new-tool Spitfires (at least 6 since Hornby took over).  This is having your cake and eating it!

Must be a big improvement on the 1/48 Smer Shagbat, although I have seen the Smer kit suitably improved by good modellers on occasion.

I will be getting one as do like these less mainstream aircraft, my hat goes to Airfix for a great mix of types coming through the pipeline. If I could just keep up with building what they release, I'd be one happy chappy! 

19 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

Hopefully there is a hidden ASR theme, a nice 1:48 Hudson and Warwick next ? 

cheers

jerru

A 1/48 Warwick? I'll eat my stash the day that happens. B)

Edited by IanC

It's my prayer Airfix will do a Walrus in 1/72nd ....... This may be the inspiration I need to dive into my existing Walrus . Airfix has been doing some great stuff of late . Still looking for the US bomber set and B-17G . Must be a long ride from India or UK by ship . 

Great Day To Everyone 

Hi All,

Well, as you would imagine, the Airfix 1/48 Walrus news is just fantastic - for me!

It comes just as last month I started to up-date my website SEAWINGS again (www.seawings.co.uk) and I randomly chose to up-load all that I have in my archive for the Walrus - now that's fate for you!

That said, it means that by the time the kit is released, all the reference material one could possibly need for the build will be there waiting for you. That includes photo-walk-rounds of each of the three surviving 'boats, plans, colour profiles, Maintenance manual drawings and images, shed-loads of stuff for it!

In ther meantime, I'll keep an eye on the project and up-date my site accordingly.

Cheers,

• Like 6

Hi All,

After a marathon 7 hours of computer work, I have just finished up-loading vitually all I have from the SEAWINGS archive onto the website concerning the Supermarine Walrus; Plans, Maintenance Manual, Photo Gallery, more additions to the Walk-Rounds, Colour Profiles - you name it and it's 'up-there' somewhere, ready for Airfix in 2017...!

All we need now is the kit!

• Like 2

On 16/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, Work In Progress said:

Thanks, Bryan, and well done. I'm hoping we'll get some interesting post war / civvy decals for the new kit, and maybe a scale down for 1/72 too.

I like the sound of that!