Airfix tooling in 1/48th scale - The Supermarine Walrus Mk.I

stan

And about time, too. An unpretty workhorse that gave sterling service. Hopefully, it'll be redone in 72th as well, because the extant models in the small scale are workable, but in need of replacing.

• Like 1

OK, no doubt there is still room for me to completely stuff something up building this once its released but its got to be easier than the CA one?  Especially with the Airfix designers skill with clever engineering kits nowadays. Absolutely the case with the Airfix vs CA Hurricane ( don't ask me how I know- I'll swear in a public forum).

5 hours ago, Artie said:

Maybe the best thing I've heard this year (regaring modelling, of course).....A 1/48 Fairey Seafox would be a great subject, too.....

Kudos to Airfix.....!!!!!!

I would love to see a 1/48 Seafox but whats the likelihood?.....

I can't believe that the H*p*r*c*l* mob haven't covered the CAD renderings in red lines and declared the kit fatally flawed and terminally unbuildable yet.

Well done Airfix: I've been vacillating over the Classic Airframes-cum-Special Hobby kit for ages.  Now I don't have to.  No faffing about with resin, vac form canopies or hacking bits about to make 'em fit.  I cannot wait for this one, but I suppose I'll have to.......

• Like 2