This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

sofiane1718

AIRFIX 1/48 Supermarine Walrus Mk.I Q3 2017

58 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Aeronut said:

As the streamline RAF wires used for the rigging will be noticeable (and just look wrong if a round thread is used) on this kit. Does anyone know of a way of accurately depicting (taught)  RAF wires in this scale?

I think the thicker EZline has more of a flat look to it, though never used it myself.

9 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I think the thicker EZline has more of a flat look to it, though never used it myself.

Thanks for that, I'll look for some and give it a go.

19 hours ago, T7 Models said:

Just mount the engine facing the other way, nobody will notice...:wicked:

Maybe someone thinks that it is a new Trumpeter kit:P that has gone under the radar....

6 hours ago, Aeronut said:

Thanks for that, I'll look for some and give it a go.

EZline can be a bit variable in width. Might be better to use lycra thread, which is more consistent. Can be prepainted steel with Modelmaster Metaliser (under tension). Paint stays on when the thread is flexed, which is not the case with an acrylic such as Citadel paint. Not tried anything else so can't help there.

Paul.

On 10/7/2016 at 5:06 PM, jaw said:

Sorry to be a misery but a Shagbat does not rock my boat at all Now a multi variant Hunter would get a very different reaction from me! Perhaps they will announce that very soon?

John

Oh, this ROCKS MY BOAT, CRAZILY!! 

I love the fugly Shagbat and find this to be wonderful news!!

I'll make my old Frog kit for an in water/landing display diorama attempt and this - THIS kit will be the main event, right next to my Monogram PBY!

Edited by aurora-7
excitement!

Does any one know if an etched fret will be produced for the rigging like the one Tamiya produce for the Swordfish ???

Would save a whole lot of hassell.

Dick

1 hour ago, jenko said:

Does any one know if an etched fret will be produced for the rigging like the one Tamiya produce for the Swordfish ???

Would save a whole lot of hassell.

Dick

Airfix have tried doing brass in the past, most recently for some of the Operation Herrick vehicles, and it doesn't appear to have done particularly well for them.  Perhaps your enquiry would be better directed at Eduard (who did the frets for Airfix IIRC) and who seem to have had a more successful experience with it.