Spitfire Mk VI ( HobbyBoss MkVb conversion) 1:72

thiird introduction model and will be enough for now...i hope i do not bother too much
Another "project" which took too much time is finally over.
Hobby Boss's Spitfires 5 easy kit (not so easy in this project), converted to version VI High altitude fighter.
Some of changes on basic model, shortening wings, added resin extensions for HF version, added intake on the right side of the engine, cut off the strange "growths" on the lower part of the wings (landing lights ?), completely made cockpit interior, replaced canopy (the original is sick over sized), replaced wheels and added covers (model doesn’t have them at all), replacing three blade rotor with for blade one…..... etc ....
Paints, Humbrol, weathering artistic oil paintings, lacquer Gunze.
Will stop with bothering now, so pictures next.
As always all critics and advice welcomed. I hope you like the model
Regards Djordje

8_zpsyesht7at.jpg

7_zpsodvx9k32.jpg

3_zps4jnnhu8g.jpg

1_zpsxqba5ewc.jpg

6_zpsxb7pen0r.jpg

15_zpsrhgjg86z.jpg

• Like 22

I've always thought the Hobby Boss Spitfire was a decent representation if the obvious shortcomings were fixed and you've just proved it. I have three in various build stages but none will turn out to be as good as yours. May I ask what you used for a canopy replacement?

Thinking about it, Djordje that's a great idea for the base of a Mk. VI as it takes away all the hassle of making a rear bulkhead.

John.

That is a very nice Spitfire Mk VI  Djordje, you've done a great job with it and thanks for sharing. Don't hold back if you want to share more of your 'introduction builds', we love looking at well built models and all are welcome!

Well done. :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)