Oshkosh M911 8x6 HET - 1/35 by MinimanFactory

Oshkosh M911 (C-HET) 8x6 - the brand new kit from Miniman Factory from Hungary. A great 1/35 multimedia kit of this fantastic big beast of the US Army. It is the only kit of this monster on the market.
The kit is consisting of resin parts, some photo etched parts, clear foil for the windows and a very good manual.

My first work when working with Resin kits is cleaning every part under water, with some good cleaner inside. I have removed the sprues/waste also in wet condition of the parts. After having removed all not needed resin I have cleaned and sanded each part under water, then I have washed all parts once again to give it a "flowerish smell" :)
I always do that to avoid resin dust when working on the kit later.... here are the parts drying ....

nd7soaex.jpg

At first step I have glued together the axles, added some first details to it. The suspension of the front and rear two axles was put together and installed to the frame without glue. Then I have put it on a even ground and added glue to each axle. Now the truck will stand with all wheels on the floor later. After that I have added further parts to the frame. Gear, drive shaft, some tanks (not glued yet) and further parts on the axles.
The first axle of the rear three was a liftable axle. I will show it in a raised position as this is one of the most interesting things at this truck. I have installed this next.... 

f3zmzbm8.jpg

f4dc5xsl.jpg

ks4586xo.jpg

pscxg2df.jpg

rxeq2fdh.jpg

d42qybh2.jpg

w6faifnw.jpg

bgo4ik2u.jpg

u5ummh5b.jpg

So far for now .... :)

Cheers
Micha

Edited by elmarriachi
  • Like 2

Hello,

the frame is ready for painting :) Some further parts added such as  the tanks, steps, mesh, front fenders and some parts more. 
A detailed wiring is not necessary as there won't be anything visible later due to the parts following on top of the frame.

wmp9ktzl.jpg

868u8nuv.jpg

m24e97y4.jpg

6vdquuac.jpg

Also the engine is mostly finished. One etched parts is a skewed and needs some repairing. Some further pipes will follow later when then engine is installed in the frame of the truck.

qt9cezaa.jpg

kuamclld.jpg

7xzx7rnm.jpg

qqlxsyrk.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• Like 3

Hello,

some updates of the M911 HETs. 

The frame was finished, received some fuel pipes at the tanks. After finishing I have black primered the frame, the wheels and the engine as a base for the final painting.

The engine and one wheel was painted in Nato-Green, then the details at the engine painted in silver, black and dark rust, then washing with a dark grey/brown oil color wash.

The frame and the other wheels were first painted in Tamiya Dark Yellow, then brushed with Tamiya Buff. Buff is the main color of the painting, the dark yellow is for the shadows.

All the scratches and damages on the wheels and on the frame were made with a dark grey color and a sponge and a thin pencil.A brown/yellow oil color wash followed.

The tires wre painted in Nato-Black, the rims were masked with a cap of some color bottles :) Then washed with beige color to show some dusted look on the wheel.

On the pictures the wheels are only loose, not glued yet.

vsant7gz.jpg

x9c6yguh.jpg

ouniltbd.jpg

ft4chsvw.jpg

rjlo3cix.jpg

ie293ie3.jpg

xihvfsxx.jpg

rwpugnnn.jpg

Next I will add some leaking oil and dust on the parts .... then glue the wheels :)

Cheers

Micha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the chassis is finished. All the wheels are mounted, only the center parts of the rims are still missing here. The exhaust pipes are included, painted in black and rusty colors. Some  rusty shades of darker color will follow with pigments.

The cab was painted in Nato green inside, then weathered and masked. All the small parts of the exterieur were added before painting as far as possible. Then the exterieur got painted in black (primer), then dark yellow and Tamiya's buff. The black marking on the doors and the window frames were painted next.

The weathering started with brown, beige and white oil colors.

In the meantime the double winches behind the cab were finished, primered and painted in the same way as the cab, as well as the other parts.

w33bclfn.jpg

afxwnx6m.jpg

uyoofljn.jpg

xrz5k9os.jpg

qao8tqqm.jpg

gpohs8yg.jpg

qao8tqqm.jpg

zjupr9jl.jpg

vgnt5np2.jpg

pv8wrszc.jpg

l8hrl5bp.jpg

gjizveif.jpg

f5zasmb8.jpg

v99szzp7.jpg

v4tyybgu.jpg

exeuve58.jpg

Next I will add the window foil, then the interior, then I will mount everything on the chassis .... 

Cheers

Micha

• Like 1