Flying boats and float planes GB chat

Now that one looks very nice Jaime.

My choice has been extended by the recent Jadlam voucher from the MTO GB. This one:

32346772506_a28f47b1fb_z.jpg

But wait, no crew??!! No worries, I can mould a copy of the pilot from my other entry:

32265796711_9ef2c045b2_n.jpg 32265802901_3a6375f2c6_n.jpg

he said, confidently.

• Like 6

... and it accepts donations! I'll be bunging them a few quid when I use it later in the year.

Great stuff, thanks Simon for the link :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Hi Jaime, after seeing Ced`s latest purchase and chatting to him I found this site for peoples reference.

http://www.seawings.co.uk/

Lots of seaplanes etc.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

thanks for the link. It's a superb site, full of information! I've already looked at several articles about the Felixstowe.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3

On 18/01/2017 at 7:58 PM, Spookytooth said:

Hi Jaime, after seeing Ced`s latest purchase and chatting to him I found this site for peoples reference.

http://www.seawings.co.uk/

Lots of seaplanes etc.

Simon.

Thank You so much for that Simon. I joined it then lost my system and couldn't remember the site name. Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You.

On 15/01/2017 at 19:13, The Cameraman said:

I don't have a clue about what I'm doing but it'll be fun

Everything before the word "but" doesn't matter*.   Everything after is the whole point of GBs. :thumbsup:  

* very few of us do...   :lol: 

• Like 6

To whit; despite my earlier moaning about this (not entirely tank-friendly) GB, me having one (well one and three quarters TBH) of these in my stash:

Revell_BV222-BA.jpg

& one of these:

it_1302_title.jpg

And this one (with a plethora of aftermarket): 

71EYdYEWpVL._SX522_.jpg

Not to forget:

stranbt.jpg

Or:

Matchbox-1-72-Dornier-DoG-1-flying-boat.

Or indeed:

Huma%20Mode%206000%20WalVG.JPG

& then there's all the float-planes.  :whistle:

So.....Having totally destroyed my own credibility as a Trackhead, I guess I'd better pick one!  :doh:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

To whit; despite my earlier moaning about this (not entirely tank-friendly) GB, me having one (well one and three quarters TBH) of these in my stash: 

& then there's all the float-planes.  :whistle:

So.....Having totally destroyed my own credibility as a Trackhead, I guess I'd better pick one!  :doh:

Don't beat yourself up over it, just make the break, step out of the closet and admit you are a latent Air Head! :door: You will be among friends here.

Lovely selection of aircraft kits there  :clap2:

Mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, that would mean two A6M2-N.

Doesn't matter, I have some choice in my stash, and as I think some diversity would be welcome, I'll go for something else.

What about the Norseman?

norsem10.jpg

I've found a good reference on the bookshelves, but I'll have to look for decals.

norwin10.jpg

• Like 8

If I ever get round to my own Norseman it will be built as the stripy land-based WWII version, so you are well safe there.  ;)

I wasn't saying I was definitely going to build a Rufe, but something of at least that magnitude (ie: small & simple).....I've got quite a few float-planes to choose from too, well loads TBH, from the FROG Blackburn Shark through the spectrum to the Hasegawa Kyofu.  I'd really like to have a go at upgrading the former, but I'm not sure my skills are up to it.  :unsure:

This thread really is doing my Trackhead credentials no good at all!   :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I have only one rule governing my choice.....No more new wingy-thing kits!  :mellow:

It must come from my (not inconsiderable) stash as I am, in all honesty, drowning in a sea of plastic!  :mental:

Yeah! Join the club!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I have only one rule governing my choice.....No more new wingy-thing kits!  :mellow:

It must come from my (not inconsiderable) stash as I am, in all honesty, drowning in a sea of plastic!  :mental:

I am under the same thing, no more kits until I build some of them.

BTW cheers for posting the pic of the MK 1 Sunderland, it saves me finding it in the stash boxes still packed away.

Simon.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2017 at 4:59 AM, jrlx said:

Rob,

This is the Felixstowe I have in my stash:

104048-10404-pristine.jpg

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/104048-roden-047-felixstowe-f-2a

It's a simpler colour scheme but the rigging is daunting enough...

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime,

Just catching up with this.  I built the same version when it first came out - complete with droopy wings.

I used the Extratech PE set (EX72148), which I'd recommend if it's still available.  The only problem is that you will actually need two sets, as it's designed for the Felixstowe versions without the extra wing-top gun position!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1