Tamiya 1:24 Opel Calibra DTM

Hi Guys,

Well after the Polo WRC build i was on a roll with Motorsport cars (and had a large bottle of Zero White Paint!! ;)) so thought id drag this rare kit out of the stash.

As you can see from my other builds, I love the 1990's era DTM cars and managed to pick this one up a few years back.

It all went together pretty well being a Tamiya Kit, the rear suspension being the only niggly bit, It is very detailed but quite fiddly to get looking right and straight!

Having had previous issues with old Tamiya decals disintegrating in the water, I got hold of the Shunko Decal kit for this car and ended up using a mixture of both sets and copius amounts of decal fix! The end result I am very pleased with!

All painted with Zero colours and 2 pack clear laquer.

Anyway here are a few pics!!

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

As always, all comments welcome!

Thanks for looking :)

Matt

• Like 16

Oh that is beautiful. A great build of a rare subject. I built one of these years ago but made it into a street car that resembled a mates Calibra which he had a body kit for that looked like a DTM machine. Wasn't as fast aa a real one though, despite being a 4x4 turbo version. It still looks like a great car even after all these years (the Calibra in general)

Lovely nice clean build!! congratulations.

I also wanted a Calibra back in the day, had my eye on a red 2.0 16V - the old Vauxhall 'Red Top' engine. Lovely!

Never happened..... :(

Karl.

Edited by Karl