Nuts Planet 1/10 bust Anne Bonny

Bigmick

Why are pirates called pirates.

IMG_1021_zpsxorhxrdk.jpg

I've had Anne Bonny on the shelf for a while, what put me off painting her was looking at some of the beautiful paints online where her bandana and waistcoat had been detailed with paisley or embroidery, but I thought I'd have a go anyway, plus she's the first female bust I've done since Shieldmaiden over a year ago.

As usual I started with the eyes and as she was a red head I gave her green eyes, probably too bright but they do stand out.

IMAG0699_zpsv1l3syvt.jpg

Base skin was red beige, black and white but I started with a much paler colour to start with, then used glazes of colour to add highlights, I mucked this up probably 3 times so a layer of base coat and started again, kept going until I was happy with the highlights then started adding the shadows.

I used blue for the bandana and purple for the waistcoat, these were always colours reserved for royalty and nobility so to flick the V's at authority sone pirates dressed in bright colours, Calico Jack etc.

IMAG0717_zpsspuptxnf.jpg

IMAG0718_zpspkurx1au.jpg

Leather was painted using the Vallejo cheat guide in the wood and leather set, chocolate brown base, flat earth first highlights, dark sand second highlights, scratchs etc, black for shadows in the nicks, cuts and cracks, a wash of smoke, then a wash of matt black to dull the shine.

IMAG0719_zpsvbe0tgpo.jpg

Blouse was painted with ivory, a wash of dark sand in the creases, dry brush of ivory then matt white.

IMAG0722_zpskpxvyfb0.jpg

IMAG0727_zpsscqbw4fg.jpg

The pearls were painted using a new one to me, Golden Fluid Acrylics, incredible pearl effect and the interference blue looks like a yellow wash until to catch the light then it turns  pearlescant BLUE, very nice, will be using it on a bust I have on the to buy list.

So I hope you like her.

Regards.

Mick.

• Like 6

A real beauty! :clap::clap: I know that embroidery and decorations in general are intimidating, but I think you hav eall the talent needed to try that out ... sooner or later :whistle::winkgrin: 

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi Big Mick - you are so very annoyingly brilliant at these busts - grrrr  !!

Seriously though - bloody good work once again from the master in Berkshire - good to see you at Farnborough a fortnight back too - don't leave Deanerys too long either.

John

• Like 1

Your work just goes from strength to strength Mick . Hard to believe a woman of such beauty, could be so deadly.  This bust is outstanding.

BillyD

• Like 2