Nuts Planet 1/10 bust "Nights Watch"

Bigmick

Hot on the heels of Tyrion I dragged this one out of the pile.

IMAG0767_zpswksho4pa.jpg

Once again the link between this figure and a current sword and sorcery series is blatantly apparent.

So we have Nuts Planets 1/10 scale resin bust titled "Nights Watch", or Jon Snow.

I started painting him at the Avon show but shelved him for a couple of weeks after I had a relapse after my back op, in spasm for 3 weeks, not nice, anyhoo.

So how do you deal with a character in a black jerkin under a black cloak with black fur and black hair.

IMAG0753_1_zps8b2j9hys.jpg

My initial idea was to use army painter inks over the black bit it didn't work, so I made up some washes of Vallejo, purple for the jerkin, green for the cloak, blue and brown for the fur, brown under the strands of fur and blue on top, I then used washes of black over these colours until they barely showed, not evident in the first picture but they show with a flash.

IMAG0758_zpsi1ipcoq4.jpg

As I started painting the face I found the first problem I've encountered with a NP bust, if you look at the corner of the right eye there's a hole, it's not a casting error bust to do with the sculpt, the lacrimal caruncle, or tear duct has been sculpted too deep, I filled it with thinned paint but a day later the hole appeared, must have gotten an air bubble in there.

IMAG0772_zpsys48lnaa.jpg

So I mixed some Tamiya X-22 clear and white and carefully filled the hole then when dry repainted the eye, eyelids and eye socket.

IMAG0787_zpstvgzjqhm.jpg

IMAG0778_zpsdvmdn0gf.jpg

So another GoT added to the turntable, who next.

Regards.

Mick.

• Like 4

Another stunner, Mick! :clap::clap: I love the idea of the different tone variations over black. You should try and take some pics with a black backdrop, those variations should show up without using flash or editing the pic to adjust brightness/contrast

Ciao

Hi Mick

Yet more breath-taking work from your GoT collection - here's the picture you let me take of Jon Snow at Farnborough a fortnight back.

"You know nothing Jon Snow"

20160924_131416_zpsqsfzo2kl.jpg

To add an answer to your closing question "who next", well, please let me make a suggestion below as I know you have her in your stash...

daenerys-on-the-iron-throne_zps6pgmms90.

Fire and Blood, the Mother of Dragons

• Like 1