Nuts Planet 1/10 "Hand the Imp"

Bigmick

I'm back.

So, first at the top of the pile was this chap, "Hand the Imp", a 1/10 scale resin bust from my favourites Nuts Planet.

IMAG0737_zpsutn0jrcq.jpg

As you can see he is in no way shape or form a bust of Tyrion Lannister as played by Peter Dinklage in Game of Thrones, but he is.

So, he was an overnight paint at work, so no WIP, sorry, Vallejo acrylics as usual.

IMAG0739_zpsr1ye24xp.jpg

The tunic as a costume prop is an embroidered burgundy tunic under a pierced leather outer skin so an overall coat of red black then dry brushed black over that, I'll dry brush some Humbrol clear over it to give the leather some sheen, unless I can get some Vallejo satin varnish.

IMAG0740_zpsdvbsqy0i.jpg

The face was painted with Ben Komets base colour which I stole, red beige with a touch of black and white, mix some transition shades on the wet palette with more white or black, I tried loaded brush again but I still suck at it so back to layers and glazes.

IMAG0744_zpsbctwrsyy.jpg

I'll have to give Michael at Bespoke Bases a call so all the GoT characters have the same bases.

Hope you like him, it's been a long time away from the bench but getting back into the swing of it.

Regards.

Mick

• Like 5

Hiya, it's good to be back.

Ok, another new one in my paint box is P3 Rucksack Tan by privateer press, that was painted over the base of chocolate brown and flat earth towards the crown, lightened with Vallejo white for final highlights, I had to Google Tyrion and Peter Dinklage to get the right hair colour, not blond or brown but an almost surfer bleached highlight to his hair.

Regards.

Mick.

• Like 1

Hi Sean, thank you, got Daenerys in the stash and the new Nuts Planet Sansa Stark or "Queen of the North" on order.

The back is OK, sciatica is gone, just local pain from the op, muscle attachment points got stretched where they pulled the muscles apart instead of cutting through them and pain from where the vertebrae had spurs of bone removed, bone pain is unbelievable, the keyhole ended up as a letterbox, meds help a bit but lots of physio helped more, can sit for almost an hour now before having a break and stroll about, still got 3 more busts I'd like to do for Telford, the FeR Miniatures Pirate, Ben Komets "Hero of the Skies" and RP models Mad Jack Churchill,  as well as finish a 1/48 F-16, XB-47B UAV, TA154/FW190 Mister combo, plus maybe an AH-1Z Viper (updated modern Huey Cobra) or UH-1Y Venom (updated modern Huey), I built a 1/350 scale U Boat mk VIID night before last to go with the U Boat captain so pretty much every day is packed with as much modelling as possible, but yes, it's good to be back.

Regards.

Mick.

• Like 2

Jeez Mick, I wish I hadn't asked...:sick:.......only kidding. Glad to hear you're on the mend, didn't 

sound like a pleasant experiance at all.

Physio is much better than taking meds if at all possible, worked a treat for my ankle, I know that.

Look forward to seeing The Queen of the North, hope she's wearing the sly smile she had

after Ramsey's demise.

Hero of the skies.....hmmm.........he wouldn't happen to fly a red seaplane by any chance..:lol:

Sean

Pains better than it was, don't regret having it done as it served its purpose, 19 years of back pain and sciatica sorted, had the nerve root block injection last December, as much use as a chocolate kettle.

Yes, by sheer coincidence the hero of the sky might have a red sea biplane.

Mick.

• Like 2