Special Hobby 1/32 Brewster Buffalo MkI

Man, This has been a long time in gestation.  I think I started it way back around March, but after spilling black paint over it, then mucking up masking the roundels, it went back in the box

It came out briefly when I resolved to fix all the mistakes, the roundels were remarked, I sanded the black paint off that had spilled from my airbrush, not to self, always use the lid!.  I then managed to smear glue on the windscreen, in attempting to lift it off, I cracked it.  I sent an email to SH, and they very kindly sent me a whole new clear sprue, at no cost, even though I told them it was my stuff up.  Fantastic customer service THANKS S.H

Anyway, here is the Special Hobby 1/32 Brewster Buffalo MKI . I added the gunsight and armoured glass as they were not included in the kit.  All markings are sprayed using Montex masks.  I think Im getting better at using these although I mucked up the serials.  After all the woes I had with this model.  I decided to leave the 8s as they were.  The kit itself went together with no real problems, just some filler on the fuselage seam.  Paints used are Gunze and tamiya.  thanks for looking

29829542630_ed6d3c12fe_b.jpgIMG_1866 by

29829542810_8c9f6e2792_b.jpgIMG_1865 by Bruce Anders, on Flickr

30010448842_46a8e5e6fd_b.jpgIMG_1859 by , on Flickr

29829543310_76c4226497_b.jpgIMG_1864 by , on Flickr

• Like 54

Beautiful job, I hope mine (one day) turns out as nice as yours, I got bogged down in the discussion about what paint was used and gave up.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

What an absolute beauty Bruce,....... another one that you should be really proud of,........ it just looks `right' and exactly how I expect a Buffalo to look. I have one of these waiting in the wings and you`ve made we want to start it!!

Well done mate,....all the best,

Tony 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spitfire said:

Beautiful job, I hope mine (one day) turns out as nice as yours, I got bogged down in the discussion about what paint was used and gave up.

Cheers

Dennis

G'Day Dennis.  Exactly the reason I don't allow myself to try and get every last detail correct any more. I was like you, obsessing over the smallest detail until I realised this was why I got nothing built.

Accepting that we as modellers will never have every question definitively answered allows me to get on with completing kits, which to me is what it is all about.  Not to be flippant, but most modellers, unless you're a Tony O Toole, MHalden or Nick Millman - will never know! And I say that  with the utmost respect to these gents, especially Tony who I greatly admire.

Get that Buffalo out again and get stuck into it.  I want to see it!!

Tony, Thanks for your comments too.  To me, the greatest compliment a modeller can give another modeller is, "your model made me want to start/buy one too"

happy Modelling all

Bruce

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

What a lovely looking Buffalo, I do like you weathering to the subtle lightening if the panels and the streaking looks fabulous, well worth your efforts as it looks fab.  I am doing one of these on and off too and it has gone together quite well, I am at the painting of the camouflage at the moment albeit it is stalled whilst I get some others out of the way.

Thanks for sharing

All the best
Chris

• Like 1

Don't see to many of these around and nice to see a great example like this built to such a high standard.

:goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1