1/72 scale NASA Crawler

Stunning. You're clearly mad for even contemplating such a project and even madder to have finished it. I bow to your madness.

Rearguards

Badder

ps, For your next project I'd like to see you scratch build the Nostromo and the refinery it towed.:D

• Like 2

Like many others I've dipped in and out of the build thread,Which was seriously impressive,but the finished article is a scratch-building Masterpiece.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished a paper 1/144 kit of this, so I can appreciate just how much work you've put in - it's soooooooo much better than my paltry effort! Fantastic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Rich,

your building report was the great highlight here, which I have followed from the beginning up to the end with great interest and enthusiasm.  top2.gif

And then came the fatal exhibition ... :analintruder:

Was this the state of the crawler before you brought it to the exhibition? 

Have you in the meantime repaired all the damage and made a video with lighting? hmmm.gif

at last its is crawling along on its own on a 17 plate!

Simply stunning scratch work - its in a league of its own - or should I say your modelling is... perhaps you could get a manufacturer to take on putting this into a mainstream production kit for all of us that shelled out on a 1/72 mighty Saturn V (some like me who did so with the wife ever discovering how much it actually cost...)  

what a whopper, for the mightiest of the mighty.

beautiful work

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Manfred,  Yes I have repaired the little damage.  I still can not get the video to load into Photobucket.  

Time to move on.  This was a good build in the past, and on to new things.

Rich

• 5 months later...

Well that is shockingly good so good in fact I went and found the build thread and read it. That is truly outstanding what a mammoth project. 

Incredible just incredible.................i mean incredible................awesomely incredible................man o man that's just, incredible.

Amazing.

Just gobsmacked.

Unbelievably incredible.

Wow.

Just wow.

I mean.

Wow.

Incredible.

• Like 1

following your WIP has been like a journey to the moon in itself - an amazing journey of masterful craftsmanship and attention to finite detail.

This is an incredible build and something you must always remain very proud of. It really is brilliant and so totally your own and unique.

Now, where's that big Mighty Saturn V to sit on top of it.....

Truly amazing - a real credit to your modelling abilities.

John

• Like 1