Norwegian F-16A - please give me some advice

Bjorn

I plan to build my Hasegawa 1/48 F-16A Plus "Norwegian Air Force". Since I am far from an F-16 expert, I would like some advice. What should I think about? This will not be the ultimate F-16 build, I will try to keep it as simple as possible. I know that I need new roundels, but what more?

Edited by Bjorn
Bad English...

This will build up a pre-MLU a/c (pre 1998) from the box. As with all Hasegawa F-16's it will build rather nicely. As you say the decals could be done with replacing and Vingtor Decals do a rather nice sheet covering early RoNAF F-16's

http://www.vingtor.net/48.html#thumb

The RoNAF F-16's are unique in carrying the AGM-119 Penguin ASM, these can found in the Kinetic F-16AM boxes or can ordered separately from Luckymodel http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?action=myaccount

• Like 1

Hi, Bjorn,

The best specific reference is Model Aircraft Monthly 2007-9 magazine. Probably you can find it downloadable from somewhere. As Scotthldr says, the Penguins can be found in the Kinetic box, but I am not aware you can order them separately. That would be interesting. Vingtor decals are usually sold out. Consider that, though all RNoAF F-16s were Penguin-capable, only 334th Sqn (Red and White pennant) had an antiship role, and that after MLU mods the capability was lost. Why do you say you need new roundels? Look for the appropriate style according to the timeframe.

FErnando

The Hasegawa roundels for RNoAF roundels are far from accurate, the insignia pennant should be an equilateral triangle but is not. Unfortunately the Vingtor decal sheet 48-101 for early Norwegian F-16s is sold out (and will not be reprinted). Decal sheet 48-115 for later Norwegian F-16s is still in stock, though.

Nils

• Like 1

Just now, Vingtor said:

... early Norwegian F-16s is sold out (and will not be reprinted). Decal sheet 48-115 for later Norwegian F-16s is still in stock, though.

Nils

In 1/72nd? Pleeeeeease?

FErnando

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a rivet counter but I consider the gunport a detail big enough to care about. Hasegawas gun port in 1/72 are not that great imo and need replacement. I haven't build a 1/48 block 10/15 so I realy dont know which type is in the kit. If you can you could kit bash with a C/D model instead of the hassle with aftermaket bits.

MLU aircratfs have the doubble sloted gun port of the F-16C. I usually see Norwegian F-16 gun ports smeared with greese (?) to ease with cleaning up the gun residue.

aab.jpg?m=1371910570

For some reason I can't find a pic of the older type of gunport.

\\Dan

Edited by Zippo the Zipdrive
  • Like 2