Cheap car kits at Morrisons!

Engineer66

Hi all,

Thought I should drop a little post here for the benefit of those who model in 1/43 or are Lambo or Mustang fans...

I was in Morrisons this morning with SWMBO doing the weekly shop and as i walked down the toys isle these two caught my eye:

WD_E696.jpg

WD_07DB.jpg

OK I thought, are they worth a dabble? there was a risk that they were a bit basic and crude, no interiors etc, lets face it they were in the cheap toy section of a supermarket! The boxes were well sealed (tape on all four edges) so no chance of having a sneaky peek. :huh:

However as they were the vast amount of £3.00 each, yes you read that right £3.00 each! I thought what is there to loose so I took a gamble and slipped one of each into the trolley.

Were they worth the three quid?

Simple answer is; indeed they were :D

Here are a couple of quick  'what's in the box' pics i managed to take of the mustang before lunch...

WD_F2F2.jpg

And a close up of the chassis/interior sprue...

WD_F8DF.jpg

And the bodyshell...

WD_146A.jpg

There's also instructions and decals for the stripes, and two metal axles.

The mouldings appear to be 'multi finish' e.g. on the interior the floor has a matt texture whereas the molded in rear seats have a glossy texture.

The holes in the underside appear to be a bit strange (the two outermost ones are for the screws holding the body on), however I can live with them as it's a part of the car you don't normally see.

The Lambo is on a par with this one, the engine top has a gloss finish, with a subtle carbon fibre effect for the rocker covers (all on one molded piece smaller than a postage stamp).

These are the only two they had, but it might be worth keeping an eye out for others.

I have since done some research and it appears that they were originally molded by Doyusha, and I've seen what appear to be the same kits with slight differences to the boxes for sale on the web for around £7.00 a pop.

Verdict...

For three quid each they were a bargain :D:thumbsup2:

Al

Edited by Engineer66
  • Like 3

I've just had a look at the Reventon and there's no etch, and no mention in the instructions either, not that I'm too worried.

I would like the GT40 though.

Edited by Engineer66