1/72 DERA Harrier T.4

CliffB

Earlier this year it was suggested at my Model Club that we should take part in a 'Secret Santa' type, blind kit swap.  The idea was to get us to build a subject that we would not normally consider.  All participants wrapped up and donated a kit into a pile, from which then we all took one at random to build.

Imagine my 'delight', when I drew a 1/72 Heritage Aviation Harrier T.4! Those of you familiar with this kit will know that it is a fairly poorly cast resin and white metal product that is not for the faint hearted.  The rules of the swap allowed us to use aftermarket additions, but I resisted the temptation to replace as many bits as possible and limited my expenditure to a Combat Decals 'British Test & Development Aircraft' decal pack (which is brilliant), and a Master brass pitot tube (brilliant also).

Here's what I ended up with after a couple of months' hard graft.  I've made a couple of blunders (apologies to those who notice), but I have to say that it does at least look nice and colourful :winkgrin:.

P1090784_zpszlnl9bzf.jpg

P1090782_zps7znnvgid.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 59

Wow that looks superb Cliff,.......I have a Sword T.4 ready to paint and have been pondering on doing the same aircraft as I love the scheme,......you may have just swayed me with your beautiful rendition.........fantastic scheme and model,...well done sire!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

Hi Cliff

Really lovely job,  :clap2: of course what you haven't told us is what shocker of a kit you inflicted on someone else,  :wicked: for example an early Merlin blob where your only clue to what the contents are is the picture on the box ! 

Cheers Pat

• Like 1