1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker-G" by HobbyBoss - released - new Quinta Studio cockpit set

Homebee

12 hours ago, Homebee said:

Same for me Kostas. My intention was not to offend you and I apologize.

I think we are just facing an optical illusion phenomenon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion). For one reason or another (brightness balance?) your artwork trick our brains and generates for some of us a "off" impression.

V.P.

Hello dear Homebee...i never said that you offended me...and as i texted, i respect your opinion!! I just informed that each box art has new challenges and some of them are not so succesfull than others!! Even the best in everything have mediorce performances!! However for some reason the picture you uploaded in the begining of this topic, is looking strange with blur symptoms and bad colouring! Unfortunatelly,i do have a better image,  but i do not know how to place it here!!!

All the best!!!!                                                                        Kostas

13 hours ago, Flankerman said:

I am sorry if you were offended Kostas - that was not my intention and I apologise.

But I am curious that my tongue-in-cheek comment caused such a reaction - but Homebees similar observation did not - we were both pointing out that the artwork did not look quite right - certainly not one of your best - as you acknowledge.

Regards

Ken

Dear Ken, your comment was not similar to Homebee's i think...however not hard feellings! I respect anybody's comments!!  Everybody has the right to comment here...even in a cheeky way!! Propably i was over reacting...not understanding maybe your intention!! I work as a box artist for Trumpeter and Hobby Boss 7 years now, and i had undertaken a lot of difficult works...and hard critisism by many....who most of them were not even modellers!!

Have a nice day!!                                                                                                                  Kostas

18 hours ago, Homebee said:

Same for me Kostas. My intention was not to offend you and I apologize.

I think we are just facing an optical illusion phenomenon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion). For one reason or another (brightness balance?) your artwork trick our brains and generates for some of us a "off" impression.

V.P.

So does the picture though. It appears as having shrinked. And this is not because of Kostas...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Still patiently awaiting it to turn up in retailers….

Any ideas of when it will be available?

Saw it at my LHS about 2 weekends ago. I think several of Chinese model companies including Trumpeter, HB and Kitty Hawk shipped out their new kits a couple of weeks ago so that modellers wound not have to wait till the week-long Lunar New Year holidays were over before getting their kits.

Mark

1 hour ago, Biggles81 said:

Hey Mark, where is your LHS? Be interested in swinging by next time I am over in Singapore.

Miniature Hobby

8 Burn Road

#14-16, Trivex

Singapore 369977

The Su-30 can be had for around S$53.90 there if it is in stock.

Mark

11 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Still patiently awaiting it to turn up in retailers….

Any ideas of when it will be available?

seems to be available in Europe

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Su-30MKK-Flanker-G-Modellbausatz-1-35-Hobby-Boss-81714-/222396285563?hash=item33c7da027b:g:6LwAAOSwopRYkmRX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Picked up this kit today at Wonderland, a nice looking kit with some fine engraved and raised detail. I did however forgot that it only comes with options for 2 Chinese airframes. Does anyone know of any decals in the pipeline for modern Russian schemes?

15 hours ago, Muzz said:

Picked up this kit today at Wonderland, a nice looking kit with some fine engraved and raised detail. I did however forgot that it only comes with options for 2 Chinese airframes. Does anyone know of any decals in the pipeline for modern Russian schemes?

some info here:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Muzz said:

Some of Begemot Su-27 decals include Su-30 markings, don't remember which variants.

23 hours ago, Muzz said:

Caracal have some sheets with Russian examples.

17 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Caracal have some sheets with Russian examples.

I've looked at the Caracal sheet but pretty sure they only have the one example which is the demonstrator with the tail art.

16 minutes ago, Muzz said:

I've looked at the Caracal sheet but pretty sure they only have the one example which is the demonstrator with the tail art.

My mistake, wasn't aware it was a demo jet.

Take care everybody!

There are gardly any Su-30 without canards in Rusdian service!

Only dome unsold examples used as trainers.

Exavt designation escapes me at the moment....

You would basically need 3 colored stars an numbers....

Edited by exdraken

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Exavt designation escapes me at the moment....

Su-30M2...... (all taken by me at Zhukovskiy)

day1_020.JPG

day1_009.JPG

day1_010.JPG

..... and a Su-30MKK built for China/PLAAF but retained by Sukhoi as a demonstrator (hence the 'Su-30MK' designation without the final letter K (meaning Kitei/China))

day02_031.jpg

I think the RusAF Su-30M2's are ex-PLAAF airframes that were never delivered and have been inducted into Russian service

Ken

• Like 3