1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker-G" by HobbyBoss - released - new Quinta Studio cockpit set

Homebee

Next HobbyBoss 1/48th Flanker is expected in late November 2016. and it's a Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker-G" - ref.81174

Source:http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=75&l=en

Box art

57ecc7767dcfc.jpg

Kostas what have you done? Definitely not your best art work.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

This is cool, but Hobbyboss are buggers for marking kits as released and then they take months to show up in the 'channel' so to speak. The SU-27 of theirs is still pre-order in the far east even though it's 'released', the SU-34 hasn't appeared on many sites for pre-order even yet.

49 minutes ago, Wezra said:

This is cool, but Hobbyboss are buggers for marking kits as released and then they take months to show up in the 'channel' so to speak. The SU-27 of theirs is still pre-order in the far east even though it's 'released', the SU-34 hasn't appeared on many sites for pre-order even yet.

Sorry but the HobbyBoss 1/48th Su-27 kit was in stock at my local hobbyshop since about two weeks now. It was an immediate success. The two batches of about 5 kits sold out fast - http://www.16escadron.eu/gb/planes/10023697-su-27-flanker-b-6939319217110.html

Released mean in fact released by HobbyBoss, then you've to wait the arrival in the shops. And this can vary significantly upon the importers and the parts of the world.

It takes usually about two months to see the TrumpyBoss new released kits in the European hobby shops.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

18 minutes ago, Wezra said:

I was commenting more on situation for the UK :) I should have made myself clearer. 'they take months to show up in the uk 'channel' so to speak'.

Pfft - you ought to try living in Australia... I'm still waiting for the Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-27 to show up here; it's been released for something like six months!  I was in both Japan and the UK back in August, and saw the kit in-store in both countries; I didn't buy it at the time because it's a bit big to fit in a suitcase, and besides - "it'll be in the shops by the time I get home"!  

Don't even get me started on the "Australia Tax" we pay on goods, compared to the rest of the world... :angry:

Rant complete!

3 minutes ago, type40 said:

Pfft - you ought to try living in Australia... I'm still waiting for the Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-27 to show up here; it's been released for something like six months!  I was in both Japan and the UK back in August, and saw the kit in-store in both countries; I didn't buy it at the time because it's a bit big to fit in a suitcase, and besides - "it'll be in the shops by the time I get home"!  

Don't even get me started on the "Australia Tax" we pay on goods, compared to the rest of the world... :angry:

Rant complete!

Well VAT is bad enough :) Add import duty to that and RM/Parcel Force's additional 'Parcel Tax' if you get caught out, it's not much better here.

Type 40, I have bought kits off evilbay and from Luckymodel that I have had shipped here to Melbourne, and they have been unaffected by tax. I think if the parcel is low value, not a big one, or doesn't contain multiple kits, no-one can be bothered to check them all for it.

There is always the chance that you can ask your local shop to see if they can get it. Before John of Showcasemodels died, he would see if he could get them, and Metro Hobbies went out and looked for the AMK MiG-31 for me when it came out. They even gave me a call when they received it and reserved a kit for me.

Might be worth asking them

HTH

Les

Edited by lesthegringo
spelling

Thanks Les!

Yeah.. I've ordered a lot of kits from overseas over the years, but I've tried to make sure I get a fair percentage of the more "mainstream" ones (i.e. Trumpeter etc.) from local stores here in Melbourne too, in an attempt to help them out a bit - saint that I am!  :innocent:  Metro Hobbies has ordered a fair number for me and the service has generally been excellent, with some of them arriving unbelievably quickly... but this 1/48 MiG-27 is rapidly becoming my White Whale!  From what I understand, it's a distributor issue, rather than the stores themselves.

I know, I know... I could order it from overseas and have it here in a fortnight, but I'm digging my heels in, adopting a stubborn, pained air, and emanating a smell similar to burned martyr.  So there.  !

(PS - Tongue firmly in cheek, lads!)

Right, back on-topic:  Su-30MKK!

20 hours ago, type40 said:

Rant complete!

I saw it in Sydney just after release.  As for the Australia tax, trust me, any far eastern kit is far cheaper in Oz than UK.

On 29/9/2016 at 11:43 AM, Homebee said:

Next HobbyBoss 1/48th Flanker is expected in late November 2016. and it's a Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker-G" - ref.81174

Box art

57ecc7767dcfc.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

hello there Homebee!!

Well...i am sorry you are not so pleased with this work of mine!! The picture is quite bad...i hope in the kit box will be in better quality!! It is not one of my best but every new work has a lot of challenges to look at!! Thanks for your opinion anyway!!

On 29/9/2016 at 8:44 PM, Flankerman said:

I hope they are not relying on the box art to sell the kit...... Oh dear!

Ken

Your comments are quite...disrurbing!! If you do not like the box art is your privileage!!! But commenting like that is just provocative and offensive!!!!

• Like 1

On 29/9/2016 at 11:43 AM, Homebee said:

Box art

57ecc7767dcfc.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

and that's the picture i use for reference!! I f the picture is wrong...then i am wrong!!! su30_1.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Laurent said:

Overlay done using Irfanview and ImageOverlayUtility.

su30mkkOverlay.jpg

Outline and proportions match. 

Thanks for the effort!! Also the picture shown in the start of this topic is very bad and blured one! I have a much better image of the box art....but it is in my files and i do not know how to uploaded here!!

Take care!! 

19 hours ago, planeart said:

Your comments are quite...disrurbing!! If you do not like the box art is your privileage!!! But commenting like that is just provocative and offensive!!!!

I am sorry if you were offended Kostas - that was not my intention and I apologise.

But I am curious that my tongue-in-cheek comment caused such a reaction - but Homebees similar observation did not - we were both pointing out that the artwork did not look quite right - certainly not one of your best - as you acknowledge.

Regards

Ken

Same for me Kostas. My intention was not to offend you and I apologize.

I think we are just facing an optical illusion phenomenon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion). For one reason or another (brightness balance?) your artwork trick our brains and generates for some of us a "off" impression.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee