Airfix BR Mogul

Oddball

So I'm declaring this finished. The kit was fairly good in its own right, but I've done a bit of extra work making it a little better.

The kit's molded in handrails were removed and replaced with fusewire, I also thinned out the cab sides to get them looking a little more in scale. The closed top vent on the cab roof was removed and replaced with some plastic sheet. I added some aftermarket white metal brake hangers and shoes, and sanding pipes from fusewire, as the frame was looking a little bare. And I purchased a Hornby loco detailing pack for the fireman figure and the head and tail lamps. The steam/water? connecting pipe between cab and tender is just some old innards from a telephone, minus the wire, with a bit of plastic rod acting as the connector. I ran a bit of wire through the middle of it so the pipe can be disconnected if I need to split the engine and tender for any reason. And the windows are clear acetate sheet, although I cheated and used krystal klear for the tender after I lost three windows to the carpet monster in quick succession.

It was painted with Lifecolor BR loco green, and Tamiya X-18, and aftermarket decals added. I know these were primarily freight locos and thus painted black but they do look good in this scheme.

Hope you guys like it.

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Edited by Oddball
  • Like 13

Very nice and great added detail, well done!

Now where is Kingkit... I want one!!!!!

Christian, exiled to africa

• 2 months later...