Thanks to McDonnell for his inspiring F-102 build, which caused me to dig from the stash this  beast which I bought in 1997 and has slowly sunk to the bottom of the pile. In 1997 I was heavily involved in running the IPMS National Competition at Donnington and had so little time I actually bought it at 5.45 on the Sunday which was the first time I had chance to get away from the competition area and of course most of the traders had packed up. I can't remember which trader kindly unpacked his van to sell it to me, but thanks to you kind sir.

327%201_zpsjryb2bkk.jpg

I used a set of Monograms own add on decals for a machine of the 327nd FIS, but both these and the kits decals were prone to breaking up, especially the big irreplaceable ones. 

Not a patch on the aforementioned McDonnells F-102 but at least it got built327%202_zps09p2pqkb.jpg

• Like 23

Hello,Silver Fox - I'll take all the blame for you building it providing you take all the credit for turning this classic kit into the beautiful model pictured here.

I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work in the 'classic' clean style.I also love the scheme itself and the different style and layout of the markings

Full compliments indeed,my friend,for this fine 'Dagger' from the top drawer.:cheers:All the very best,Paul.

• Like 2

Paul, 

thanks for the kind words but the camera covers a myriad of mistakes. I've been searching for a Voodoo for a while as well..I had one promised by a 2nd hand trader but she sold it . Luckily I think I've sourced one.

I notice you are residing in Yeadon, I'm originally from just over the valley in Pudsey and spent most of my youth spotting at LBA.. 

As an IPMS member if you are going to Telford look for the old, fat grey haired harassed  guy in a Yellow Jacket in Hall 1 and say hi.

Andy

• Like 1

Very nice Dagger great work , would certainly look good next to Mcdonell''s ! Think I will have to look out for some of the Monogram kits.

Guy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

Paul, 

thanks for the kind words but the camera covers a myriad of mistakes. I've been searching for a Voodoo for a while as well..I had one promised by a 2nd hand trader but she sold it . Luckily I think I've sourced one.

I notice you are residing in Yeadon, I'm originally from just over the valley in Pudsey and spent most of my youth spotting at LBA.. 

As an IPMS member if you are going to Telford look for the old, fat grey haired harassed  guy in a Yellow Jacket in Hall 1 and say hi.

Andy

Hello,Andy - Thank you so much for your message.We've a lot to talk about and I really look forward to meeting you.Yes indeed,I'll make contact at the 'Nats'.I know you'll do the 'Voodoo' proud too!😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

7 hours ago, Ghostbase said:

She builds into a very large model! I do like your finish in the markings of the 327th FIS, these are very early markings for the type dating back to 1956 and not often seen on these forums. Michael

Yes she is huge and the early markings are what attracted me.

21 hours ago, camper1 said:

Hi Andy

Very nice,you and Paul have a lot to answer for as I have just started another one of these.

Cheers

Ian

Hello,Ian - Good luck with your build,Let's make it a hat trick!! :thumbsup: All the very best,Paul.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Lovely Deuce!   Makes me want to dig mine out of the pile and finish it off.  

Please do so,Don.It would be great to see the Convair from Colorado!:clap:All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2016 at 8:40 AM, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Andy - Thank you so much for your message.We've a lot to talk about and I really look forward to meeting you.Yes indeed,I'll make contact at the 'Nats'.I know you'll do the 'Voodoo' proud too!😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

That's if you can pin him down long enough to get a word in! From one who knows

Cheers,

Pete M. :rolleyes:

• Like 1