"...around the corner" Version 2

tiking

This diorama is nothing new. That's because it is a smaller version of the first diorama I built some years ago, which I dismantled because of unsatisfactory reasons. But, I wanted to do a smaller version of the previous one, but was not sure how I wanted it. So here is that same diorama with exception of the US figures. I wanted the attention to be on the opposite side.

I think I am satisfied with this version, although, I am sure there will be others who preferred the latter diorama to this. But no worries. To each, his own. 1f642.png:) BTW, I still have not improved on my figure painting as the figures have been left the same as on the previous diorama. Simply have not enough time to fully concentrate on that. So, I only, repainted certain parts of the figures and weathered them a little.

I was hesitant in showing this diorama due to the figures not being up to standard. But I have been busy with other Sci-FI projects lately. Anyhow, I hope you all like this version 2, regardless of the first. Thanks for your support and pepping me on my journey towards improvement. Small note. I had done more weathering after these photos were taken on the building.

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3k_zpsmkz4

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3i_zpslrkb

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3h_zpsunso

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3g_zpsevbz

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3f_zpsir0v

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3l_zpslcq5

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3j_zps6bay

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3e_zpslpyk

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3a_zpssrpw

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3d_zpsagok

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3c_zps4ksa

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3_zpsrwzgt

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3b_zpscmv7

• Like 22

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That's even better than the original, much more focussed and equally beautifully composed.  B)

Much appreciated. Thank you. Kinda agree that it is more focused than the previous one. That was probably one of the reasons I was not 100% satisfied with it.

Oh very nice contemporary and imaginative  dio .. like the way you've converted and painted the figures.  In fact I like everything about it ! :goodjob:

BillyD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tiking,

I think both dio's are great,you can feel the tension in Version 2 & it's left to your imagination as to what's about to happen,where as the original has an almost comedic feel about it,both sides tentatively peering around the corner.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tiking,

I like both versions. They both have positives. But I understand your dilemma. Every time I make a dio I try to make it the best I can, but within a few weeks I'm picking holes in it and want to improve it. My Villers Bocage dio has been stripped right back to just the one building rather than two, and everything else has been removed in readiness for rebuilding, but now I'm even beginning to doubt the one remaining building!

So, I'll probably have to rebuild that as well. In other words, I will have completely destroyed the original diorama, and will be building another!

But we do this in the quest for perfection. It's all part of the learning process.

I always look forward to seeing your dios, whether they be new or upgraded ones.

ps I'd really love to see what you can do with WWII armour!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Thank you Badder. You got me figured. :) Exactly how I feel. Perfection is a b*tch! But that's how we improved.   WWII armour uh? Well, I am in no hurry to test it out. Got too many projects in my mind and always never enough time.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

cor - bopth old and new variants look quite superb. I wouldn't worry yourself too much about your figure painting as I'm well convinced at the quality and reality of your work

Thank you kindly.

Edited by tiking