1/72 - Consolidated B-24 Liberator GR.V "Coastal Command" & GR.Mk. VI/VIII "Riders in the sky" by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - released

Homebee

Eduard is to rebox in 2017 with the appropriate add-ons the Hasegawa's 1/72nd B-24 liberator kit as Coastal Command GR.Mk.V.

The Coastal Command's Liberators are iconic symbol for the Czech Units fightings alongside RAF. As for the recent Eduard's Mil Mi-24, this kit will be provided with a book on the type.

Sources:

http://www.72news.eu/2016/09/eduard-consolidated-b24-liberator-gr-v.html

http://pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=78501&sid=2fed11272508b70cc053fe34bdf286c4&start=645

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

From Eduard Info:

On the other hand, what will be released in
October is virtually a certainty. At E-day in 2017,
we will be introducing the Liberator GR Mk.V in
1/72nd. We are expecting on having a publication
ready to go along with this kit, dedicated to the use
of Liberator GR Mk.III and GR Mk.V by Coastal
Command during the Second World War.This book
will be written by, and laid out by, Pavel Türk.
It will not be exclusive to the use of the aircraft
by No.311 (Czechoslovak) Sq. RAF, but will also
encompass use by other squadrons
. The kit will be
built around the original Hasegawa moldings that
will be complemented by our own molds to convert
the kit to a British Liberator. These will include
propellers, turrets, the Leigh Light, rockets and
radome.
We have been working on the conversion
parts since November, and hope that this kit will
achieve the level of popularity that was seen by the
Hind. We intend to focus on the Liberator GR Mk.VI
and GR Mk.VIII as the followup project, slated for
release at E-day 2018. Of course, that no longer
falls under the category of ‘near future’ plans.
New items for the month of November, 2017, are

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info. I had a quick look earlier & it's great to see they appear to be working on the 4 gun Boulton Paul rear turret. I'm no expert but I think it's the 1st time this will have been included in a Liberator kit and so might be something Eduard would consider releasing as an accessory, perhaps in their Brassin range. 

Edge

• Like 1

Hi Steve.

Yes, it's been described as the Hasegawa plastic from the beginning which is a little odd because you say, Eduard have already updated the Academy kit. This project seems to be a real labour of love for them, so perhaps wanted to use the very best kit as a starting point?

Edge

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Excuse my ignorance, but did Academy do a glass-nose Liberator?  If not, the Hasegawa kit would become the kit of first choice for that reason.  Not only the very best, but the least work?

I'm no expert so I had a look on Scalemates & they list B-24 D, H & J versions of the kit, as well as a PB4Y-1 (Navy??) variant. 

Edge

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Edge said:

Thanks for the info. I had a quick look earlier & it's great to see they appear to be working on the 4 gun Boulton Paul rear turret. I'm no expert but I think it's the 1st time this will have been included in a Liberator kit and so might be something Eduard would consider releasing as an accessory, perhaps in their Brassin range. 

Edge

Great thought: there are a few Halifax kits that would be improved by a decent B-P tail turret.

• 4 months later...

This will be a brilliant kit. I've just taken up modelling as therapy after suffering a brain haemorrhage and built a cheap Italeri Assembly Ship kit for practice as I hadn't made a model for about 50 years. I picked a B24 in honour of an uncle who flew as WO/AG in 86 Squadron. I had found the Hasegawa kit online but it wasn't readily available locally. Since finishing the Italeri model in Coastal Command livery I bought a Hasegawa along with all of the Eduard photoetch and the Pavla kit with Leigh Light, chin radome and Boulton Paul turret. The main kit arrived yesterday and I was surprised to see it does actually come with a BP 4 gun rear turret. I am really pleased to see Eduard building this special edition kit and wish everyone the best who builds it. The extra book included would be absolutely brilliant too. 

Edited by Palmy grunter NZ

21 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I think I'm going to have to have one, depending on price.  Hasegawa at the moment are eye-wateringly expensive at the moment. 

The current Hannants' price for the Hasegawa B-24J works out to about 10,200 Yen. The same kit is selling from HobbyLink Japan for 4,320 Yen. That's a 136% mark-up. Even with VAT, shipping and import charges you will probably come out cheaper ordering from Japan.

• Like 1