WNW - Another SOLD OUT

redcap

Perhaps they had some set aside for yet another boxing option (duellist perhaps?) which has been cancelled and so they are going to be put out as is. Or perhaps Sir Peter felt they could have many other types 'Sold out' but that it would be criminal not to have an Albatros of some description available.

I think it maybe a possibility that the last Albaros kits have left WNW and the last batch maybe on its way to Weta. Or it may be as simple as they've not updated the site to sold out yet.

Nope the site had been at sold out and changed to 'pre-order, limited stock at all warehouses'. I know that Dal over in Aus tried to order one a while back and the only stock left at that time was in the Netherlands and shipping to Aus was extreme. I think the wording 'temporarily Sold Out' is key. As far as I can see It seems that they must have either found some more or re-designated some that had been reserved for an alternative boxing. Whatever the story it is all very odd.

Beardie's right- I had everything ready to go, but the $60+ for postage killed the idea.  I hope they have found some more to sell, while I can build the D.Va as an OAW aircraft, there's some schemes I like for a Jo' aircraft as well.  As to where they came from, if you're moving warehouses you always find something that makes you say "How the .... did that get there!".  And it isn't always a dead possum.

If WnW really need to fill the Albatros scout hole in the catalogue, there's always the OEFFAG version of the D.III........

'but the $60+ for postage killed the idea. '

Wow Dal - where do you live....the moon? What a ludicrous postage quote for what is a small and really lightweight kit even when packaged up. I have yet to see  single benefit to the modeller since this Weta lark took over. WNW 'in house' were a class act and pretty much impossible to improve upon; as this Weta reorganisation seems to demonstrate more and more often.

Gary

• Like 1

The problem in  Dals case is that, at the time, the only stock available was at the Netherlands warehouse and he is in Australia and so shipping was from Europe to Aus and pretty expensive.

I rather suspect that Weta is only really handling the internet shop front and supplying the warehouse space in the EU and US. I can see the logic that, if we were still buying direct from New Zealand and not getting free postage then shipping each kit would cost about £25 shipping and of course you would pay even more VAT as the shipping is taken into the total for the VAT calculation.

If you think that, for seven years, Wingnut Wings were offering free shipping worlwide and paying probably at least £20 per kit to ship to you no wonder they couldn't keep it up any longer.

I was a little surprised as well.  So I cancelled the first order and tried again.  Postage was fixed- expedited parcel, or whatever it was called, was the only option.  On the plus side it would have got the kit to me in 5 to 10 business days.  But the $67AUD cost  made it too expensive. I asked Dave about it and he let me know that the postage method from Europe to outside Europe was being looked at, as apparently it has generated a few emails. 

WnW, even though they don't cost much, can be expensive to post due to size.  I sent an LVG to a gent in the US a couple of years ago and it cost just over $40AUD for registered post, because they did it by volume (the kit was in a box, to protect it) rather than just by weight.

Cheers.