Up and Down like a brides nighty. The Airfix SeaFire FR.47 1:48

Nice idea with the cameras and biro use. Seeing that seat as well reminds me I have one built up with Eduard belts on at home from a crash on carpet Seafire. Can't remember if it's a 17 or 47 though. If you need a spare let me know but I won't be home until the 14th.

As for chicken honga; collect it up and water it down. It's like rocket fuel for plants

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darby said:

Nice idea with the cameras and biro use. Seeing that seat as well reminds me I have one built up with Eduard belts on at home from a crash on carpet Seafire. Can't remember if it's a 17 or 47 though. If you need a spare let me know but I won't be home until the 14th.

As for chicken honga; collect it up and water it down. It's like rocket fuel for plants

Thanks Darb.

water it down? I never thought of that. Nice tip. :lol:

john

On 02/10/2016 at 7:26 PM, The Spadgent said:

Thanks for all the lovely words guys, I'd reply individualy but I'm in too much pain,:blink: I don't think I'm cut out for this manual labour stuff, but as you can see the Chickens are all set for the winter.:thumbsup:

D13E6F4C-9091-499C-9588-6C6EDCDB83F4_zps

turf down, field mats cut and laid, coop cleaned, slabs laid for feed box and fence replaced. 1:1 chicken diorama complete. Phew, I is pooped. I'm looking forward to getting to grips with smaller scales when I get the feeling in my legs, arms, spine,  back. :hobbyhorse:

Didn't even manage to get the Stearman RFI shots.  Next day or two hopefully.

Take care y'all and thanks for the help.

Johnny aches and pains.

12 bore at the ready for a visit from Freddy Fox then John?

• Like 1

Oh I got some more done on the seafire too.:yahoo: for some reason Airfix would have you fit the spinner at this stage, but I'll be darned if that's going to happen so I glued this bit in to take the nose later on.

7312D089-7DB7-4F1A-8434-759D96A6FF06_zpso4qrztpk

The pit got glued in place.

72B4BCBD-70F5-4344-AC2E-DCED0F50F063_zpsrqqyo4eb

A bit of a pain as there weren't any real locating points.

5105D948-5AB2-4AD0-9328-D23E24EA59C3_zpsveuuorrl

But I think it looks good all together.

i got the cameras finished, took snaps, and it looks like they got deleted while I was doing the RFI :banghead:they looked pretty good too. Alas you will have to make do with their bums. 

70EFF230-6A9E-42AC-AEDB-E19857C22CA6_zpszm2cbzny

Word of warning if you're going to add cameras to this model, make em shallow.:pipe:

AF84C299-1407-4349-9BE6-8C140ED0AD7A_zpsimn0m2sw

I had to sand the heck out of these to make the fuselage close. But we got there eventually. Remembering back to Ced's last few builds bits have fallen off/in with only the slightest pressure so I adopted a bet and braces approach. Milliput the little buggers in place.:fight:

FE093872-359B-45FF-AA2E-1E0F89F894C6_zpsav8cxwvx

Then glue. And a start on the wings and things.

21203560-D483-4C95-BDFB-2BB395492B83_zpso5pfy8me

Before I finished up I had decided to copy Tony again and have slightly tilted elevators, so out with Dexter. :devil:

DD302487-5A5D-4036-A6D9-9C1B29B10BEF_zpsolxdvkzj

81A58AA1-0343-4D6C-8433-C03F123DC547_zps1wnmqxan

Having finished too much had been cut from the far edge so plasticard was added to fill the gap.

67B34F74-CCD6-4F76-8173-A785BBCF57C0_zpsgugxsyle

And sanded.

B665AD4B-D119-49E3-B7B7-4EC3653FE6C5_zps

and that leaves us here.

CAFB2AE9-612C-4875-B0BB-9F3675E0B412_zpsmivsxchw

Im going to get a glass of red and a chunk of Toblarone to celebrate.:D 

Thanks for looking in, I hope you're enjoying the build so far?

Lots of little bits next it seems. 

So so until next time.

Happy Modelling.

Johnny Triangle.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 13

14 minutes ago, Miggers said:

12 bore at the ready for a visit from Freddy Fox then John?

Ha!

No foxes getting in there. :fight:

42 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

The Kaydet looks really smart!

Martian 

Thanks Mart. :D

• Like 1

I am enjoying the build obviously because it is Fleet Air Arm but also because the fun you seem to be having is coming across in the thread and threads like that are always more enjoyable as I get a kick out of seeing people having fun with their modelling.

Martian

• Like 1

As Martin says, like dropping into a favourite pub coming here. Even if there is an alarming plastic shrimp being chased by a killer robot on the bar! :

21203560-D483-4C95-BDFB-2BB395492B83_zps

The epic-ness continues John. Nice to see Dexter being taken out for his walkies. Lovely work on all fronts. :D

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I am enjoying the build obviously because it is Fleet Air Arm but also because the fun you seem to be having is coming across in the thread and threads like that are always more enjoyable as I get a kick out of seeing people having fun with their modelling.

Martian

Bless you.

It's little comments like that that make it all worth while. 

:partytime:.

J

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Nowt wrong with a drinky poo

I hope you're not suggesting the watered down stuff? Ugh.

Looking good Jont - won't be long now before those lovely lines show themselves and you'll have a Seafire on the table...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheBaron said:

As Martin says, like dropping into a favourite pub coming here. Even if there is an alarming plastic shrimp being chased by a killer robot on the bar! :

21203560-D483-4C95-BDFB-2BB395492B83_zps

The epic-ness continues John. Nice to see Dexter being taken out for his walkies. Lovely work on all fronts. :D

Ha! :lol: I knew it reminded me of something. Thanks Tony. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wowsers! What a treat just caught up on this one. I love what you've done so far. The cockpit/IP and cameras are the dogs dangly bits!

My favourite quote.... 

On 10/5/2016 at 1:29 PM, The Spadgent said:

Nerf Bullet packaging I had lying around at work

As you do...

Also speaking of chickens.... When I was a child someone bought me a farm animal set. But in scale to the horse the chicken would be the size of a house. This used to really annoy me so much so I never played with it. I put it down to being a cheap import etc... Now as a father of two someone bought my kids children a farm animal set.... Guess what another massive chicken???? WTF!!! My wife thinks I'm nuts, does anyone else share my view....I'll get my coat, the one with the nice long sleeves and buckles at the back...:mental:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leonl said:

Also speaking of chickens.... When I was a child someone bought me a farm animal set. But in scale to the horse the chicken would be the size of a house. This used to really annoy me so much so I never played with it. I put it down to being a cheap import etc... Now as a father of two someone bought my kids children a farm animal set.... Guess what another massive chicken???? WTF!!! My wife thinks I'm nuts, does anyone else share my view....I'll get my coat, the one with the nice long sleeves and buckles at the back...:mental:

Maybe it was a mutant , everyone loves a mutant chicken. :lol: glad you're enjoying the build and thanks for the kind words. 

Surely everyone nerfs at work? At least they should. :thumbsup:

John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darby said:

If memory serves me right it may have just been my build but the bases of the rear cockpit frame and the instrument panel frame may need reducing to get the wing centre section to fit.

Oh hell now you tell me. :blink:

I'll go and check.

On 07/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, Darby said:

If memory serves me right it may have just been my build but the bases of the rear cockpit frame and the instrument panel frame may need reducing to get the wing centre section to fit.

Ok checked. Everything fits. "Phew"

although this bit is on backwards.

D3FB6414-7558-4C49-BD58-F186D4516FFA_zps4cv8s0lx

Bit of sneaky fetteling has seen it cut off and spun around. 

Blimey. :thumbsup:

Thanks Darby. :D

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Maybe it was a mutant , everyone loves a mutant chicken. :lol: glad you're enjoying the build and thanks for the kind words. 

Surely everyone nerfs at work? At least they should. :thumbsup:

John

Nerfs at work???

We've got some proper Nurks,I know that alright....

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Spadgent said:

Maybe we are more liberal up our end. :lol:

"Nerfing" at my place of work usually involves:

A /, A big ball of masking tape(suitably still sticky with paint)lobbed at one of the welders by

another welder.

B/, The assembly mob firing pop rivets at a target with their air powered rivet guns(keep out of the assembly shop!!).

C/, In the paint/powder shop(my neck of the woods),it's considered a good wheeze to clean out the powder coating machine's feed line

by making a tight fitting slug of tape fit into the pipe and blast it through with 150psi (do not blow the pipe through first)to give a

nice satisfying bang and a great big belch of powder.

Best done when some poor unsuspecting sap who shouldn't be in the paintshop(restricted area y'see,all sorts of nasties about in there) is within range.

Trouble is that there are now very few poor unsuspecting saps left(they've all been powdered),most are now very suspecting saps

and tend to keep their distance from the denizens of the paintshop.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Miggers said:

"Nerfing" at my place of work usually involves:

A /, A big ball of masking tape(suitably still sticky with paint)lobbed at one of the welders by

another welder.

B/, The assembly mob firing pop rivets at a target with their air powered rivet guns(keep out of the assembly shop!!).

C/, In the paint/powder shop(my neck of the woods),it's considered a good wheeze to clean out the powder coating machine's feed line

by making a tight fitting slug of tape fit into the pipe and blast it through with 150psi (do not blow the pipe through first)to give a

nice satisfying bang and a great big belch of powder.

Best done when some poor unsuspecting sap who shouldn't be in the paintshop(restricted area y'see,all sorts of nasties about in there) is within range.

Trouble is that there are now very few poor unsuspecting saps left(they've all been powdered),most are now very suspecting saps

and tend to keep their distance from the denizens of the paintshop.

Jayzus!! sounds dangerous in the burbs. :blink:

This is a great build John as always :) .

I love to see 'Blue Peter' style bits and bobs involved in the modelling process; in this case - bits of old Biro!

Did anyone else here send off to Blue Peter, for the instructions for the Action Man tent?

It involved 3 coat hangers and a pair of Val's old knickers. I never could build it, as Val's knickers were a fortune on the black market, especially camouflage green ones :huh:.

What's a Nerf? Is it similar to a Smurf :smurf: ?

Very enjoyable John, hope the doctor's visit went well, and the red wine and Toblerone went even better :) 

ATB

TonyT

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

What's a Nerf? Is it similar to a Smurf :smurf: ?

Thanks Tony. ;) 

Nerf is a brand of kids guns that shoot little rubber bullets. Hasbro sent us a few boxes of the stuff a few months back. Great fun clipping a work chum in the bottom with a rubber bullet while he's not looking.:devil:

• Like 1