Up and Down like a brides nighty. The Airfix SeaFire FR.47 1:48

Thanks for all the lovely words guys, I'd reply individualy but I'm in too much pain,:blink: I don't think I'm cut out for this manual labour stuff, but as you can see the Chickens are all set for the winter.:thumbsup:

D13E6F4C-9091-499C-9588-6C6EDCDB83F4_zpshukloomu

turf down, field mats cut and laid, coop cleaned, slabs laid for feed box and fence replaced. 1:1 chicken diorama complete. Phew, I is pooped. I'm looking forward to getting to grips with smaller scales when I get the feeling in my legs, arms, spine,  back. :hobbyhorse:

Didn't even manage to get the Stearman RFI shots.  Next day or two hopefully.

Take care y'all and thanks for the help.

Johnny aches and pains.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 9

Hi John

Interior progressing well indeed.  Loving the chicken diorama to, very realistic wheelbarrow and the static grass is great too. I notice the shape of the shelter canvas, looking a bit of a spine of a spitfire ! or am I just going mad !!!.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Belt and braces on the Seafire. All looks top stuff John. Chicken run similarly great. Looks like you've added a length of Seafire fuselage in netting form running forward from that egloo. Must have had it on the brain eh? :wacko::D

• Like 1

Thanks guys. The girls seem very happy with their new home. So much so they're covering it in poop! :huh: I wasn't going to update tonight as not much got done but the micro mesh had its first outing.:guitar:and I wanted to thank Ced.

First up, the belts got added.

150D02EC-51C9-4F94-B547-63A3A44A422B_zps1goos21v

Not perfect but serviceable. I figured I could pop the fuselage together but the clear parts had to be added and holes had to be cut, so out with the dremel clone, thank you Tony. 

66860EB9-9039-4045-8AF5-98E1ECE9F2E8_zpsv8njfdx0

These got sanded back and the clear parts added. And look what I found.:o

879B7ACE-0E85-4E15-A03F-68A0AAA769B8_zpsbzyhi0aa

Now I'm guessing the Seafire doesn't come with bulls eye glass. :suicide: time for a trial run of the micro mesh pads suggested by Ced. After a sand off at each level, "there are quite a few" look what happened.

D8056489-636B-43BD-965F-C0066E380871_zpsmowqm92x

Brilliant!:yahoo: good call Ced. Those pads are ace. Now I do hope your all not going to tell me it was meant to be bulls eye. :shocked:

btw. Are those windows for a camera? Do folk usually scratch build something here? Seems odd leaving it blank inside now it's so 

shiny and see through.:ike:

thanks for popping by. Not a lot tonight I know. Hopefully more done tomorrow night as it is "The Official" night for modelling.

Take care y'all.

Johnny windows

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 7

Well John, they are not for the rear gunner mate LOL.

That Micro mesh is the dog`s danglys , amazing stuff, considering that we were use to 1000 grit stuff back when I started in the early 70`s (1970`s).

A lot of people make a camera up and fix it behind the window, there are plenty of pics around on the forum to give you an idea.

Simon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Well John, they are not for the rear gunner mate LOL.

That Micro mesh is the dog`s danglys , amazing stuff, considering that we were use to 1000 grit stuff back when I started in the early 70`s (1970`s).

A lot of people make a camera up and fix it behind the window, there are plenty of pics around on the forum to give you an idea.

Simon.

Yes thanks Si. Could have been a rather nice Viewing booth. G n Ts and all that;)

I have found some info on cameras. Scratch build night tonight. :lol:

6 hours ago, CedB said:

Great job with the Micro-mesh John and I'm glad you like it too :)

Nice seat by the way...

Yes thanks again Ced, it's brilliant. :D

take care.

Jont

• Like 1

I'll join in with the positive comments on the Micromesh.

Looks like a lot of overly thick kit transparencies can now be corrected with this stuff :thumbsup2: .

Looking forward to the camera :) 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

It was my turn to bake last night, I forgot, We do bake club at work, I did Pretzels. So with that in mind here's what got done on the seafire. Remember the cameras? Well I was looking for something about a 1/4 cm and round to make the end bit from and what do you think I found?

B33508FB-A006-4D9D-9A71-1ECFB348CBA6_zpsp36jjseb

Perfect, Just need to build the boxes out of plasticard, do a smidge of gluing and we're away.:guitar:

Here's the first one, It's a bit tricky to see and looks a little basic but in place and painted up I'm sure it'll look great. :frantic: probably.

B228CBD3-A43C-48AF-B615-C35F3A30197B_zpsgp52yxux

look. see I said it would look ok, It looks ok right?:fish:

C31358D0-44CE-48DA-8697-16FB0A445D6E_zpsqmrzytui

here's the other side too.

1BCD3F89-FCDB-4057-A75D-17B592AEDF00_zps5vwivkjz

Just need paint and a lens.

3449F753-4FD5-4CA3-A605-DA83B1B9981E_zpsewjg3yvj

Well the vertical one got built too and they got a blast of primer. A little rough around the edges but you will never in your life see those bits.:lol:

Next up is to cut the lens from some Nerf Bullet packaging I had lying around at work and paint the blighters, stick it all together and get the fuselage into a solid piece.:D

Thanks for popping by.

I'm Loving this build, I hope you are too?

See you in the next, hopefully longer instalment of the brides nighty.

Johnny boy

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 12

On 10/3/2016 at 9:35 PM, The Spadgent said:

These got sanded back and the clear parts added. And look what I found.:o

879B7ACE-0E85-4E15-A03F-68A0AAA769B8_zps

Mine is the same as this. Did it polish out ok with the Micromesh or did you do anything else with it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dadgaddad said:

Mine is the same as this. Did it polish out ok with the Micromesh or did you do anything else with it?

Yeah, if you look at the very next pic you can see it polished out a treat. I started with a medium sanding stick+water until the bulls eye had gone then went through the MIcro Mesh pads one by one until I got to the finest one, then dotted some of the fluid on.

it was a bit of a pig to hold on to the little rim while I did it but apart from that it was all very straight forward.

John.