1/48 Airfix Bedford MWD ( Added a Base)

This one has been sitting almost finished for way too long, I have got to stop doing that. :blink: Bashed the last bits together and now she's headed for the display case. :)

Bedford%2015.jpg

Bedford%2016.jpg

Bedford%2017.jpg

Bedford%2018.jpg

Lovely little kit by Airfix.  I hope it was a success for them and they bring out some more soft skins in 1/48 (Tanks too!)  I have another in the stash and some replacement resin tyres which are the bees knees :D

I hope you like her.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 23

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.  I tried really hard not to over weather this one and make it look like a well maintained, working vehicle.

Paul -  The driver is a bodge of the Tamiya Dingo driver with a white metal 28mm scale wargaming head.  I don't much like the Tamiya heads and until I can get some resin replacements it was the best I could find.  Maybe a tad too big but not too noticeable on the model.  Heaps easier to paint as it had more/better details.  I wish hornet would downscale a few of the head sets.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!  :clap2: I'm working on one of these myself at the moment - but it isn't a patch on yours - the wood graining looks amazing.  The cargo looks brilliant too - I bow down before your skill :worthy:

May I ask a question - where is the figure from - everything I have seen up to now appears to be 1/35 but this is clearly 1/48 - pardon my ignorance - I'm a newbie.

• 6 months later...

As I am getting ready for Melbourne Model Expo and I've been on a bit of a base building jag I thought I'd make one for this guy.

Bedford%2019.jpg

Came out okay, I have still to find a scenery scatter material glue that dries dead flat :(  I tried out doing some wet effects which I very much have to work on, but the only way to get better is to try and fail.

Bedford%2020.jpg

Bedford%2021.jpg

Bedford%2022.jpg

Bedford%2023.jpg

I do think he looks a touch better than a boring black base.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

• Like 3

Definitely a nice addition. I need to be brave and try my hand at building a few bases.                                      Bob H.