are there 'good' and bad CA superglues?

bootneck

43 minutes ago, Digger1895 said:

Yep, you mentioned it earlier, I see no need for it for myself.

When you get to attempt some intricate parts with different materials it is a boon.

Rigging with approx 50 ends to fix with the minimum of C/A then you wish you had it.

Another fellow model maker appealed for help with rigging about to give up. Mentioned

the pen. Came back later having had 100% success using the pan.

Also works by using liquid accelerator but the pen is much more convenient with its felt tip.

I mentioned it again, for those who may be interested, as the first  I did not have the on

line address for those who may be interested. QED

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst not superglue, I have tried the new Lazerbond seen advertised on TV recently.  It is quite sticky and will grab and hold small PE parts and sets only when you expose it to the built in UV light.  It will fill gaps,drys clear and is sandable.  Use a cocktail stick or similar to better control application of small ammounts.  All in all I recomend it, it's saved my bacon a couple of times with parts I was having trouble sticking with the more traditional suuperglue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Drift said:

Thanks Derek, but Amazon dont ship to SA. I found it locally at ZAR 70.00 a tube, but ZAR 121 for delivery. 

Ouch, I do hate it when the P&P is more than the item!  Without wanting to teach granny to suck the proverbial egg, have you tried searching for something more generic like UV activated glue or plastic?

Edited by Derek A
Added text

• 3 months later...

ive had good results with vitalbond CA, it comes in various viscosities and so far has stuck pretty much anything I've tried it on, from the millennium falcon partwork mainly resin bits and bobs, plasticard and a white metal cooking range for the other halfs dolls house